Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Vacation this week I stopped in at a dealership that used to carry Victorys as well as other brands, no Victorys any longer but they are carrying Indians. I was amazed at the amount of accessories and apparel that was available for the Indian Brand. I have to say I was concerned about future support for Victory. The discrepancy between what is available for the Indian vs the Victory was huge. Is Polaris committed to our brand or not?

GopJohnny

·
Registered
837 Posts
I believe it is a "dealer thang". One of my sore subjects. My 2 closest Vic dealers don't even stock tires for Vic bikes. But if you need anything for a jet ski or ATV.........they got it on hand, buddy!

I am convinced that dealers are a lot more excited and committed to the Indian brand 1 year in than they are with Vic 15 years later. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I believe it is a "dealer thang". One of my sore subjects. My 2 closest Vic dealers don't even stock tires for Vic bikes. But if you need anything for a jet ski or ATV.........they got it on hand, buddy!

I am convinced that dealers are a lot more excited and committed to the Indian brand 1 year in than they are with Vic 15 years later. Just my humble opinion.
I don't think you're wrong 4IP. The upside for the dealers is Indian is such a recognized marque that people will walk in off the street to see one. They have "history" and "heritage" much like their intended competitor H-D, and that makes them a much easier product to market. They can sell a culture along with the bikes. Polaris knows it, the dealers know it. Ain't like Vic, where folks still say "What's that? Is it Canadian?"

·
Registered
679 Posts
Were I to buy a injun, I would remove the badges and replace them with POLARIS. Who actually makes the bike. All the heritage bull **** means nothing to me. It is the product (who is manufactured by POLARIS, not some bankrupt company who has went in and out of business several times. :ltr:

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
As had been said, Victory Parts, Accessories and Apparel are plentiful. Most dealers don't seem to carry much. So find a dealer who does. As I've sad for a long time, my local dealer of choice, Randy's Cycle in Marengo, IL has just about everything available for Victory on their floor and ready for you to look at, try on and purchase. If your Victory dealer doesn't and isn't interested in the brand, support one that wants your business.

Even people who shop on the VictoryMotorcycles.com website have their orders filled by the first dealer in the region with the item(s) on the shelf.

Randy's ships parts, accessories and apparel all over the country because they have it readily available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts