Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the folks thats been around Victory for a few years. What's your take on the older swept exhaust the ones the x-bow replaced? Got a chance to buy a set for a 100 bucks just wondering how they perform and sound.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
477 Posts
My bike has em, they're allot louder than the x bow pipes and look nicer too imo. Performance wise, everyone says they suck, I replaced the baffles in mine with RPW baffles and they sound nice. I'm going to change my pipes for either the RPW slash pipes or the Freedom sharp curve pipes. I'm just trying to figure out which of those two pipes are best.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got some swept pipes on my hammer. I don't know if they have baffles in them or not but they are pretty damn loud. It seems like my bike has plenty of power for me so I am not interested in changing them anytime soon. IMO they sound great and look great. A bit hot on the leg but once you get used to the way you have to stand it's not a problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had them on my Vegas and really liked them. They were loud and looked great. The only downside was that I did scrape them more often than I would have liked to.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I can't verify this by a dyno with AFR sheet but I can say from my experience in other venues that rarely does an exhaust alone make more fuel necessary. It can happen but rarely, with the reputation of the Vic swept pipes I doubt you'll need a fuel controller. Put the pipes on, run it a bit and start looking at the plugs. If it needs fuel the plug will tell the story.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jackpot how in the heck did you get the stock baffles out. I got one to move about 2 inches and that was it wasn't sure I was going to be able to get it back in place to put the bolt back in.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Jackpot how in the heck did you get the stock baffles out. I got one to move about 2 inches and that was it wasn't sure I was going to be able to get it back in place to put the bolt back in.

I actually wedged an open end wrench inside the baffle and pulled them out easily.
Then I put in the Thunder Monsters and OH BOY did she sound sweet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well went ahead and ordered a fuel controller from OEM cycle it was a 150 bucks . Hopefully I'll have it this weekend so I can play with it. Since the weather has cooled off considerably here the bike seems to stumble a little when it's cold and surges after it warms up. And the decel pops are killing me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts