Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had one of the pilots here in my unit who is a victory guy, telling me he traded his highball for a cross country and he had a set of swept exhaust as he had conquest customs groundpounders when he traded it. Anyway long story short he offered me the swepts for a hundred dollar bill. Is it worth it as I have read a lot of negative stuff on here.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the xbow and a friend runs the swepts I have never heard what my bike sounds like pulling away and I hope I never do. I can say that I do enjoy the sound of the swepts but you may not. All that said I say go for it if you don't like them I'll give you $110.00 plus shipping for them. I want to cut my xbows up and it would be niceti have a fallback set.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have the Swepts with the stock baffles pulled, I installed the Thunder Monsters and I get tons of compliments on how she sounds.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Just had one of the pilots here in my unit who is a victory guy, telling me he traded his highball for a cross country and he had a set of swept exhaust as he had conquest customs groundpounders when he traded it. Anyway long story short he offered me the swepts for a hundred dollar bill. Is it worth it as I have read a lot of negative stuff on here.
One of the biggest gripes about the Vic Swepts and a bit less so on the newer Xbows are that they will rob you of some performance (hp & tq). But hey, for a hundred bucks, try them out and if you don't like them, I'm sure that someone else will be willing to give them a try for a $100

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
One of the biggest gripes about the Vic Swepts and a bit less so on the newer Xbows are that they will rob you of some performance (hp & tq). But hey, for a hundred bucks, try them out and if you don't like them, I'm sure that someone else will be willing to give them a try for a $100
Swepts---Xbows---groundpounders--leafblowers---slash
Are these all names for the same pipe design and what are my Freedom Performance pipes called in name and/or slang?
By the way for $100 I'd be buying em and reselling if you dont like 'em.
I was originally gonna ditch mine for straights but they really grew on me, consequently Ive got a brand new set of HardKrome straights sitting on a shelf!
Ok fellas so were all on the same page, what pipes have I got on my vegas??
Mmm phone won't put a pic up, some if you know my pipes but Ill follow this with a post if a pic from my big puter.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
here goes a pic, please identify these Freedom Performance pipes by name and slang terms, for me, and probably others as confused as me by the many terms for zorsts:)

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
here goes a pic, please identify these Freedom Performance pipes by name and slang terms, for me, and probably others as confused as me by the many terms for zorsts:)
From what I can ascertain: Victory swepts (old term) for the Victory X-bows; Ground Pounders are from Conquest Customs and are different from the Vic swepts/x-bows; Ness Slash are similar to the Vic design but have better performance. I believe your Freedom Performance exhaust is yet another term for Victory swepts. The "swepts" were redesigned and renamed "x-bow" in 2011 or '12. Not entirely sure if I'm accurate on this though.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2748

Hope I've not muddied the waters too much but probably have.:D

Edit: Freedom Performance appears to NOT be manufactured by Victory. Maybe another member knows the manufacturer and relative performance?

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
From what I can ascertain: Victory swepts (old term) for the Victory X-bows; Ground Pounders are from Conquest Customs and are different from the Vic swepts/x-bows; Ness Slash are similar to the Vic design but have better performance. I believe your Freedom Performance exhaust is yet another term for Victory swepts. The "swepts" were redesigned and renamed "x-bow" in 2011 or '12. Not entirely sure if I'm accurate on this though.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2748

Hope I've not muddied the waters too much but probably have.:D

Edit: Freedom Performance appears to NOT be manufactured by Victory. Maybe another member knows the manufacturer and relative performance?
Thanks mate and no Freedom Performance arent made by Victory,
thanks to the link it would appear I have Freedom Performance 'Sharp Curve Radius' pipes commonly called Swept/Slash's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts