Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I am the third owner of a sweet 2009 Hammer S. The first owner which is unknown, did all the mods. How can I confirm that the pipes are the Ness/Victory ones???

I would post a pic, but uploads fail :-S

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Gents, I am the third owner of a sweet 2009 Hammer S. The first owner which is unknown, did all the mods. How can I confirm that the pipes are the Ness/Victory ones???

I would post a pic, but uploads fail :-S
How did you post the pic of the VTX in the intro thread?

There should be a stamp of some kind somewhere on the pipes I would think. Maybe I'm wrong. Pictures would help.

·
13,026 Posts
Ness pipes would have his name on them or his logo. Look on your top pipe at the rear of the pipe

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
I'm not an expert on this style of pipes but my guess would be one of these in this order.

1. Stage 1 Victory swepts.
2. Hacker Ripper swepts.
3. RPW swepts.

Are they loud, medium loud, mild, or quiet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not an expert on this style of pipes but my guess would be one of these in this order.

1. Stage 1 Victory swepts.
2. Hacker Ripper swepts.
3. RPW swepts.

Are they loud, medium loud, mild, or quiet?
Well, they are pretty loud, but the secind owners built some baffles and installed them... They look like the cone ones I have seen.. He had purchased it from the original owner without baffles.

That is one of the reasons I am asking to identify the pipes. I had smartpartz quiet baffles in the hardkrome bigstraights that I had on the VTX and really like the sound. Not crazy about the sound of the hammer... It sounds a bit canny and like a big rig with air brakes on decel between gears.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, they do look hood:) that might explain why the Hammer does not feel much more powerfull than my VTX 1300 did... The VTX did have a jetted carb with supercharger intake, but I was expecting the Hammer to be much more powerfull than this.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I agree, the pipes look very nice. HC is certainly right about the performance of them. In fact, whatever HC posts about performance, you can count on it being right. The man simply knows his stuff.

On the other hand, your new to you 2009 Hammer looks B E A U T I F U L, congratulations to you. Let the engine mods begin!

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Well, they do look hood:) that might explain why the Hammer does not feel much more powerfull than my VTX 1300 did... The VTX did have a jetted carb with supercharger intake, but I was expecting the Hammer to be much more powerfull than this.
They don't look 'hood' to me. They look good IMHO. I agree with Mark; if H_C says they are the Cobra's made for Vic then that's what they are and they are known to not really add any performance. I don't think they were meant to actually. I think it was all about looks with the Cobra pipes.

You can always look into performance mods in other ways.

I put a set of Cobra-made two into one on a Jackpot I had and it made zero difference performance wise. Now on a Harley, what I was used to at the time, it would have made a world of difference. In fact it made it backfire and pop more. Cobra sucks on a Victory but if yours runs good and you like the look then f#$k it; ride it like you stole it.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
The VTX did have a jetted carb with supercharger intake
That's "Hypercharger"... and they are all looks and no pookie.

The bike in the picture has a stock airbox. '08/'09 were the lowest compression, least power producing Victory motorcycles. Those pipes probably lost the bike another 3 HP.

Look at this:
http://conquestcustoms.com/our-bikes
It's where that ass-end came from.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's "Hypercharger"... and they are all looks and no pookie.

The bike in the picture has a stock airbox. '08/'09 were the lowest compression, least power producing Victory motorcycles. Those pipes probably lost the bike another 3 HP.

Look at this:
http://conquestcustoms.com/our-bikes
It's where that ass-end came from.
Yeah I meant hypercharger B-)

Where do I start regarding the engine mods??? Would a replacement aftermarket filter like K&N do the job??

I changed the plugs and noticed that I seems to be running rich, since the ones I replaced were soothy and black. No thick accumulation, but black...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah I meant hypercharger B-)

Where do I start regarding the engine mods???
hmmmm ...

What are you looking to achieve , and how much do you wish to spend ??

Peter

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Torque tubes, cams, and timing gear from Lloydz, PC-V and a good professional tuner, and a set of performance pipes.

PS: You should put the year and model of your bike in your sig line so we don't have to hunt around to find out what kind of bike we're talking about. It helps everyone to do so.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmmm ...

Peter
Well, honestly, I am not a speed demon, nor do I tend to race against anyone.

With this said, If a better flowing air filter can help and maybe even a power commander....?!?

First, I think I need to find out if any stage 1 mods were done or anything else... And then find out what I could do.

Before anything, I just want the bike to run as good as it can... Without creating adverse effects, and end up having to add stuff to fix thenproblems created by other stuff... You know, like people do with medications...

·
13,026 Posts
Dahammer

your spark plugs look normal for a victory. I don't understand why it says NKG (R)

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
hmmmm ...

Peter
We are here to lead you astray,
No limits when youre playing with Victory.
Well except your wallet.
Getting more HP/Tq out of a Vic engine is cheaper comparitively than ofher brands as our initial design is fairly bullet proof and the heads flow really well .
Just gotta maximise on the original design by doing away with the flow restrictions.
Intake , Exhaust, and timing.
Get it breathing and theyre a different animal.
The best becomes better!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We are here to lead you astray,
No limits when youre playing with Victory.
Well except your wallet.
Getting more HP/Tq out of a Vic engine is cheaper comparitively than ofher brands as our initial design is fairly bullet proof and the heads flow really well .
Just gotta maximise on the original design by doing away with the flow restrictions.
Intake , Exhaust, and timing.
Get it breathing and theyre a different animal.
The best becomes better!
Excellent thanks. As for the air filter, does a replacement K&N work, or should I go with the pair that stick out the front??? Also, is their a controversy regarding the oiled filter here???

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
Excellent thanks. As for the air filter, does a replacement K&N work, or should I go with the pair that stick out the front??? Also, is their a controversy regarding the oiled filter here???

The pair that stick out tbe front (Torquetubes by Lloydz)
are the best...waaay better that the KN slip in.
Oiled is good with Torquetubes Just dont overoil.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts