Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a 4 state vacation with the family, in each state we tried to stop at any Victory dealership to buy a T-shirt (with location name on shirt) to my surprise almost all of the dealership do not put their names on the shirt! :mad: anyone else get the same results? I only found one dealer in Omaha, that put their name on the shirts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found the same thing at 2 different places on a recent trip to Arizona, and at a nearby dealership here in Indiana.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You need to stop at Victory of Greenville, Greer, South Carolina. Good folks, easy to deal with. They have their name on their t-shirts.
Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
You need to stop at Victory of Greenville, Greer, South Carolina. Good folks, easy to deal with. They have their name on their t-shirts.
Mike
Name of the dealership is Cherokee Trikes and more in Greer, SC.
I purchased my Judge there. Great dealership and quality repair shop.
They have lots of gear and shirts for sale.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My local dealer started putting their name on the t-shirts this year. There is not alot of room for clothing at my local Victory dealership, he sells bikes, 4 wheelers snowblowers, mowers and chainsaws. They are into power equipment and not a clothing dealer like that other brand of american made bike,,, my local HD dealer has bikes in about 1/3 of their floorspace the rest is clothing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Name of the dealership is Cherokee Trikes and more in Greer, SC.
I purchased my Judge there. Great dealership and quality repair shop.
They have lots of gear and shirts for sale.
You are correct, they are Cherokee Trikes and More and Victory of Greenville, in Greer, SC. I happen to know that they are trying to focus more on the Victory side of of the house, hence the Victory of Greenville on their T-shirts. My CCT came from there as well. - Mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
I feel the same, I would also like Victory to move into the direction to be similar as HD not the same but it would be cool if they got more dealers just strickley Victory motorcycles and gear or whatever. I have 2 dealers that sell victory around me 1 only sells the bikes and the other has just about everything gear and clothing but don't put there name on the shirts. I was actually more disappointed when I went to Laconia this year and saw victory had a huge tent set up, and when I went over it was just test rides no clothes nothing. Although as I was sitting on a couple bikes one of the guys came over to talk to me a little and I told him I was just checking stuff out and he handed me a nice victory mug since I already owned a VIC.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Get a Magic Marker...

Then write it in, or head to a Harley Shop and Cross Out HD... :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
when I bought my victory, stokes gave me a jackpot specific t-shirt with their name on it.

Pretty sweet, beceause it also had local icons from the area.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I found the same thing when we were on vacation in LA a few years ago. I guess Victory is still too young, but as I've been told before when I asked a similar question. Victory is a motorcycle company with some clothing, not a T-shirt company that makes bikes. :) That being said, I do have an Arlen Ness Victory shirt from his dealership in CA that a co-worker gave me. Really cool.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I figure there's one company that I'm aware in this country that makes vehicles and sells dealer specific shirts at a high volume...and that's Harley. If Vic did it, that'd be great...but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for them to do something one other manufacturer has done well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why?

Just came back from a 4 state vacation with the family, in each state we tried to stop at any Victory dealership to buy a T-shirt (with location name on shirt) to my surprise almost all of the dealership do not put their names on the shirt! :mad: anyone else get the same results? I only found one dealer in Omaha, that put their name on the shirts.
If I am spending my hard earned money on a T shirt why the hell would I want a dealers name on it? I am not in the habit of paying a dealer to advertise his shop for him. :confused:

·
Registered
368 Posts
When I had the HD, I'd seen some nice shirts, but the "tacky" local dealership artwork on the back was a deal breaker.
The local Vic dealer here in town has their name on the new Victory T's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I had the HD, I'd seen some nice shirts, but the "tacky" local dealership artwork on the back was a deal breaker.
The local Vic dealer here in town has their name on the new Victory T's.
If I am spending my hard earned money on a T shirt why the hell would I want a dealers name on it? I am not in the habit of paying a dealer to advertise his shop for him. :confused:

I have also walked away from a shirt that had "tacky" dealership info from H-D, I guess the one shirt i got from the Omaha dealer (Vic) had the shop name on the sleeve only (Short sleeve T), I think the only reason i would want some info on the shirt is to have something to remind me of the trip i was on when i got the shirt.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I for one find it refreshing that the Victory Dealer I will be doing business with is a MOTORCYCLE dealer, not a Boutique.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's the same reason I buy a t-shirt when I go to a NASCAR track I've never been to before. Just a momento of the trip. It has to be cool though. I wouldn't buy one just because it has the dealers name on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seems as thou Victorys marketing team drops the ball, take a look at there first attempt at the sturgis shirts:rolleyes:
My son went on a vacation this year and found the same thing as the OP.
a month later my wife and i went on vacation, stopped at four dealers and had the same experiance. the four that i stopped had very few shirts at all. the shop that I bought my Jackpot from has had the most of any I've been to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts