Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The jacket is on sale. regular price 360 dollars, sale price 144 dollars. I ordered one. I have never owned a textile riding jacket. Always leather, but it was a great price for all weather rain proof jacket. Can any give their opinion about this jacket.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not that specific jacket but I ditched leather for textile years ago.

More waterproof, dries out quicker, cooler in summer. Much more practical than leather imo.

·
13,299 Posts
textile riding jacket is the only way to go. 10 pounds lighter the leather. Sold my leather jacket after it sat in closet for ten years

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think you guys. After checking out a few textiles of some Beamer friends. I'm sure you gave me sound information.cheers

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I've had my Tour Master textile jacket for close to 30 years its done many, many miles. Honestly, its still rock solid and works great. Even though I recently purchased a leather, I'm keeping my textile for those times when I need real touring jacket.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Check Cycle Gear for textile jackets, they have some great deals every now and then. I love my 35 year old leather jacket but recently bought a textile. I am surprised out how well it works, you stay dry and warm, with ton of vents you can keep cool in the hot spells.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The jacket came in the mail yesterday. I thought it would be lighter than my leather jackets. It's heavier. It has elbow, forearm and shoulder armor. I can get back armor for it. I don't like the way the armor feels when I wearing it. the liner comes out and is a nice jacket with Victory logo on the back and zip up pockets. It also has a zip in weather guard that goes over your face and around your neck. Lots of vents with water proof zippers. I was out riding when it came to the house. I am going for a ride this morning to see how it does out on the road. It's only in the 50's, pretty windy. But it should give me an idea of how warm it will be and how well it keeps the wind out.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
You'll get used to the armor and will greatly appreciate it should you ever need it.

·
13,299 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
My wife and I have been riding in all types of weather wearing textile riding gear. After trying several types I buy Dainese gear it is a little more expensive but fits great, comfortable on and off the bike and versatile. You can buy it at cycle gear...better yet find a Dainese store for a wider selection and experienced riders to help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another vote for textile and for Dainese. They make some amazing gear that's worth the extra bones in my opinion. I do have a perforated leather jacket (Dainese brand) that I use when temps are between about 55 and 80. But I ride well below and above those temps and swear by textile in those cases. From what little I've seen, the Victory stuff is pretty nice but I haven't needed new gear. Also, check out Revzilla.com The name is cheesy but the site is awesome. They do thorough video reviews of darn near everything they carry and they carry a LOT. And they're great to deal with.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went riding Friday. It was 46 degrees when I left the house, cloudy. I was comfortable at 75mph high speed with the new jacket. I really like this jacket.

Reactions: Fridge

·
Registered
586 Posts
After I bought my first motorcycle (Honda CX500 $650), I bought an HD FXRG leather riding jacket. Wonderfully supple leather. I may go for a high vis textile jacket someday, but I bought a high vis vest that may take care of that need. Added the FXRG leather pants and tried them out on my first spring ride. No complaints here. I do have a mesh textile jacket for those days above 80.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts