Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought the Victory leather tool roll (pn 2872579) so I would have somewhere to stash a few things. It's a fork mounted bag, and I figure that the only place to put it is on top of the headlight. My concern is that the metal buckles rub against the headlight, and I don't want to scratch it. Any suggestions (other than a little tape for the buckles?)

·
Registered
34 Posts
tool bag

I actually have mine under the headlight. just need to watch clearance to the fender.I got mine from road ready bags. It has a soft pad on the bottom. 11000 thousand miles and no issues

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

I bought the Victory leather tool roll (pn 2872579) so I would have somewhere to stash a few things. It's a fork mounted bag, and I figure that the only place to put it is on top of the headlight. My concern is that the metal buckles rub against the headlight, and I don't want to scratch it. Any suggestions (other than a little tape for the buckles?)
I just bought the same tool roll. Did you find a good solution?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Thank you for the compliment. In that pic Porti (my bike) is slammed. I don't ride her that low. When I ride there is plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
243 Posts
diamondrmp bike

Diamond,... quit posting pictures of your bike, every time i see it, i want to come up north and steal it. you have definitely done a good job.

steve

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Bike Mods

What bars are you running and what air ride did you go with (are you happy with it) I ride on the weekends a put 200-300 miles a day easy and don’t want to compromise on quality of ride. By the way nice looking bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On 08's and newer, the oil cooler is down there. Just a thought. And if you don't want to spend the money on an air ride, pick up a KP shock from some one who upgraded to the Penske. I put one on my 08. It raises the bike a little, but handles the same, softer ride and I don't drag on everything any more.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Diamond,... quit posting pictures of your bike, every time i see it, i want to come up north and steal it. you have definitely done a good job.

steve
Sorry:eek: LOL Thank you for the compliment.

What bars are you running and what air ride did you go with (are you happy with it) I ride on the weekends a put 200-300 miles a day easy and don’t want to compromise on quality of ride. By the way nice looking bike.

I am running the Santa Rosa Vee Twin Edge Bars. The set you see on Porti will be up for sale in a day or two. We had to make another set because of clearance issues with the rake kit. They were fitted to an 09 Jackpot which has the throttle cables that do not come out the bottom. These will work on a stock front end with no problem or a raked 2009 or 2010.

I have the Kewlmetal Bleed Feed Air Ride (KMAR) This airride is fantastic for my style of riding. I am not a person that rides hard on sweepers and curves. I ride 2 up a lot. You can adjust the rebound of this system to be soft or hard as a rigid. The settings are infinite on the system.
http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=215

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Here is a better pic of the bars. As you can see they have a hole drilled in the left riser bar for the clutch cable. We had to do this because I have the Ness RadIII controls. They are much longer than the stock controls and it was the ONLY way to run the clutch cable. It can be welded shut or used as a mounting hole.

The bars are powdercoated a krinkle black which matches the engine.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
bars and air ride

How is the ride position compared to your stock jackpot bars. On my Hammer my arms are at full length making my riding position straight up or just forward. I prefer to lean back just a little. Nice looking bars I have been looking at the Ness fly bars (Also in Black powder coat) Thanks for your information on the air ride. I have been looking at it but wanted some that had ones opinion. I also ride two up most of the time, with a 1.5 inch lowering kit I run with the rear shock pretty stiff or take a chance on bottom out with the wife on the back.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
How is the ride position compared to your stock jackpot bars. On my Hammer my arms are at full length making my riding position straight up or just forward. I prefer to lean back just a little. Nice looking bars I have been looking at the Ness fly bars (Also in Black powder coat) Thanks for your information on the air ride. I have been looking at it but wanted some that had ones opinion. I also ride two up most of the time, with a 1.5 inch lowering kit I run with the rear shock pretty stiff or take a chance on bottom out with the wife on the back.

The Ness fly bars were fantastic BEFORE I installed the KMPS (Kewlmetal Pro Street) kit. With the rake the Ness Fly bars came back way to far.

The Edge bars were originally designed as a low profile bar for the KMPS but as I mentioned there was a mix up with the model year and throttle cables.

Counting the stock bars this is my 4th set of bars! LOL Then again counting the stock exhaust the Shotguns are my 4th exhaust. LMAO!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts