Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 Victory V92sc (Sport Cruiser) and am having a problem with my transmission. It seems that 3rd Gear is out. When shifting into 3rd it goes into a false nuetral. I was just wondering if anyone esle was having this problem and if they corrected it, how did they.

·
Registered
301 Posts
hang in keven ,diamond, and a few more will answer your question soon, your in the best place to get honest answers from the best.:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Many, many, many people have expirienced problems with 99-00 transmissions, and your not going to like what I'm about to say.
Seems the early tranny's just pretty much sucked in about a dozen ways, and the only way to fix it is to install a complete updated tranny kit. There have been several studies by the NHTSA, but none resulted in a recall; which means you are stuck with the bill. In 08 Vic was refunding half the price of the kit, but that was short term. As soon as that was over they jacked up the price to between $1700, and $1900 depending on the kit you need. Then you need to add in the area of 16 hours labor to get the job done

·
Registered
301 Posts
Many, many, many people have expirienced problems with 99-00 transmissions, and your not going to like what I'm about to say.
Seems the early tranny's just pretty much sucked in about a dozen ways, and the only way to fix it is to install a complete updated tranny kit. There have been several studies by the NHTSA, but none resulted in a recall; which means you are stuck with the bill. In 08 Vic was refunding half the price of the kit, but that was short term. As soon as that was over they jacked up the price to between $1700, and $1900 depending on the kit you need. Then you need to add in the area of 16 hours labor to get the job done
kev
on my vmc bobber did it have a new kit put in trannie :confused:
please say YES

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't give you the correct solution for this particular product but the general one which happens commonly to others also..Installing the plug to tight causes the threads to strip out. I usually remove the pan when repairing it and instead of putting in a heli-coil I bore it out and install a steel insert. Then the problem will never happen again
Good luck and happy riding

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unhappy

On March 18, 2010 I was coasting my 2000 Victory V92SC down my drive way, slowly, in neutral, when the bike stopped suddenly, and wouldn't roll in either direction. I checked the brakes, they were free. Then tired to start the engine, it wouldn't turn over. I took the drive belt off the pulley to load the bike in my truck.

The Victory dealer in Santa Rosa, CA. told me it would cost at least $2000+ to fix it.

The bike has only 16,000 miles on it. Does anyone want to buy this bike cheap?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 00 Victory V92sc (Sport Cruiser) and am having a problem with my transmission. It seems that 3rd Gear is out. When shifting into 3rd it goes into a false nuetral. I was just wondering if anyone esle was having this problem and if they corrected it, how did they.
i have a 99 and the same thing happened to my fourth gear, ive searched the entire country trying to find a solution without having to spend 2000 dollars with absolutely no luck, i just pulled the engine out a few days ago and am working on it in my living room. Havnt quite got to the tranny yet but when i do if i figure something out ill let u know my email is [email protected] send me a message so i can reply to your email if i find something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.