Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, it has been some time since I have been on the forum. I was enjoying the bike after resolving the crazy starting issue that cost me time and aggravation. Thank you again for helping me out resolve it! Anyways temperatures outside started to drooping so I decided to do some maintenance on the bike. As I took the tank off and looked around I notices some of the air hoses are cracked and needs replacement. I ordered parts and will be replacing them, however I notice it will be hard to do some of the work and looked at other air-intakes options to make this easier. One that came up is the Ram-air intake just because of the cost. Any one has experience with it, is it worth it or should I simply save and purchase better one? Thank you in advance for you input!

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Hi all, it has been some time since I have been on the forum. I was enjoying the bike after resolving the crazy starting issue that cost me time and aggravation. Thank you again for helping me out resolve it! Anyways temperatures outside started to drooping so I decided to do some maintenance on the bike. As I took the tank off and looked around I notices some of the air hoses are cracked and needs replacement. I ordered parts and will be replacing them, however I notice it will be hard to do some of the work and looked at other air-intakes options to make this easier. One that came up is the Ram-air intake just because of the cost. Any one has experience with it, is it worth it or should I simply save and purchase better one? Thank you in advance for you input!
Got a link for this ram air intake?

Also, you should do a search for "Vegas Intake". Here is one thread that may be of interest.

·
Registered
55 Posts
interested in this topic as I'm looking into an air box change. I currently ride an 05 Vegas with stock air box. I recently looked at the Lloyd's torque tubes and S&S billet.
my mechanic said that fuel tuners are problematic and the S&S billet w/ flash card has been discontinued. Any other solutions out there? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a link for this ram air intake?

Also, you should do a search for "Vegas Intake". Here is one thread that may be of interest.

BBob,
Sorry for my late reply, I have been away for few days. So the intake I am looking at is the Arlen Ness:

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
BBob,
Sorry for my late reply, I have been away for few days. So the intake I am looking at is the Arlen Ness:

Thank you!
Yeah theyre a good thing if youre on a budget, however they increase the intake of air a fair bit and will require a fuel tuner and a proper tune....so there goes your budget!
But a Vic thats breathing and properly tuned is just awesome to ride!
Money well spent!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts