Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you value a 2005 Victory Vegas with 60k miles? Going to look at one today and get some details on the history. It is priced at $4500.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
perfect shape low miles sold by a dealer $6800 trade in low miles $4680.00 So you have to see if he was the original owner and took care of maintenance on the bike.thumb up

·
Registered
87 Posts
I picked up an 07 vegas for $6200 with 3k miles but I think I got a steal.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Motorcycle values are greatly subject as to what part of the country you live in so while guys on here can give you an opinion, that's all it would be. If you have any consignment type dealers in your area have them value it for you then go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Motorcycle values are greatly subject as to what part of the country you live in so while guys on here can give you an opinion, that's all it would be. If you have any consignment type dealers in your area have them value it for you then go from there.
Bend over "grease" penetrate when stuffing a Turkey with dressing..:ltr:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it has sat for a year, rear fender looked to have rust under some of the paint. Turn signals were removed. Looks to been dropped on both sides with scrapes on bars and levers. She said he raced it and the drag strip some times. Had stale gas in it and battery was dead. So could not start it, or ride it. Not crazy about the 92in engine looks. Just feel the 100 and 106 look nicer. So I am going to pass on this and not even offer. I would have to get it for a steal and then hope he really took care of it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK bike looks good, but title rebuilt. Whats the opinion on what that will do to price. Gotta drop it a bit, no?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
OK bike looks good, but title rebuilt. Whats the opinion on what that will do to price. Gotta drop it a bit, no?
More than a bit.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is a nice 05 down in the for sale section.;)

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
I personally won't buy anything with a salvage title. Some states have some strange laws about how many times a salvage titled vehicle can be sold.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I personally won't buy anything with a salvage title. Some states have some strange laws about how many times a salvage titled vehicle can be sold.
Ya, probably going to pass again. There are not allot of 8-balls around here, but there are others.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Few more bills and you could have a BRAN NEW one that you do not have to worry about some one that neglected it or not.thumb up

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Few more bills and you could have a BRAN NEW one that you do not have to worry about some one that neglected it or not.thumb up
I'd rather have a Judge anyway all things being equal. Nicer fender, tank, mid mount pegs, and fat front front wheel.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
If you are in the military, Victory had a nice deal going. Don't know if they are still doing it or not but $1000 military rebate. The dealer I used even give 10% military discount on all items in the store. Kind of a nice thing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Salvage bikes can be a good buy **if** you plan on keeping the bike forever. Selling them at all can be challenging (look at your current hesitation), and most dealers will avoid them like the plague if you try and trade them in.

I wouldn't pay more than 50% normal value....and that's TOP dollar if you get a thorough inspection by your local victory mechanic..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts