Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a difference to performance...or are they just for show..?

appreciate your experience,

regards,

Derekthumb up

·
13,003 Posts
YES more air will give you a little more power.
You might not feel it but there is a benefit

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

but i see this as a gimmick..unless anyone can provide me with charts / dyno or other reasons to purchase..

bike runs great....prove to me i will get better performance...

Cheers,

Derek:)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I took both the right and left air box covers and drilled a bunch of 1/4" holes in them (in a pattern) to give a little more open air flow to the stock box. I need to get a K&N filter and see how much difference that makes as well after install.

-Nate

·
13,003 Posts
Go to Lloydz and see what he has. I do believe there is some dyno charts.
Think of it this way if you were running a race and only breathed threw your noise how fard do you thing you could run now open your mouth and see how much faster you would be.
http://www.lloydz.com/

·
Registered
25 Posts
The previous owner of my 8 ball cut a section out of the left side of the airbox (in front of filter slot). It looked a little odd to see the open hole, so I made a scoop from a piece of aluminum. It forces air at speed, but with the factory inlet still open, I'm sure there is very little forced air to the intake. I will make another to replace this one, since it was basically a prototype/something to do thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Ram air is a myth. Unless you are moving at 280 mph and have a scoop that is shaped correctly you will never see pressure above atmospheric.

The advantage to the "ram air" hoods and such is that they draw cooler air from outside the engine compartment. There will be no ram effect of forcing of air.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts