Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that us vetrans could get a Victory vetrans badge. The dealer I purchased the bike after test riding on Vetrans day, (then purchased a 2011 Cross Country)from was not aware of where or how to get one. Anyone out there have the info I need to obtain one?

Thanx...Mike

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm likely wrong, but I was under the impression that all bikes sold on that Thursday would come with the veteran badges (regardless to whom they were sold). If you only test drove on Veteran's Day but purchased a different day you might be out of luck. Maybe someone else knows more on this topic and they can be more helpful. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are you talking about the military salute badge? Round pewter color with an eagle and Victory Miltary Salute in white. My dealer had a bag of these andsince my DL says vet, they gave me one.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Are you talking about the military salute badge? Round pewter color with an eagle and Victory Miltary Salute in white. My dealer had a bag of these andsince my DL says vet, they gave me one.
No, those pins were made available for anybody visiting the dealers on Veteran's Day - no purchase necessary. I believe sgtfixit was asking about the cheese wedge badges (pictured below). Otherwise, if he's asking about the pins, then those are the pins! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
The badges were available to that day only. They were manufactured by Barracuda Custom Accessories (http://store.barracudacustom.com/) so you may be able to get them from the manufacturer.
Good find.

I don't see how the manufacturer (B.C.A.) would be able to sell any since the bikes sold on that they were labeled as limited edition. It would nullify the "limited edition" label. That being said, the Barracuda folks do make custom ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are them! I asked the dealer about the pin, as well as the badges. He was not helpful on either. I sent email to polaris...no answer.

Not to complain too much, but it would be nice to score one of each. If they advertise somnething...they should at least try to back it up. I signed the purchase order on veterans day. And yes...I'm a vetran of both gulf wars, retired after 21yrs as an AF SP. I spent waaaay too much time playing coyboys and insurgents in the big kitty litter box.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hopefully you qualify, you should since you signed on the date of the promotion. You may have to send an email to the Victory website. Another thing you may want to try is going to the Victory Facebook page and posting your question for all to see. There are Victory employees that watch Facebook. I think one of them is dshelleny (probably spelled wrong).
By the way I spent 21 years as an AF Ammo troop. Thanks for watching the gates; I hope you never jacked me up! To those unfamiliar with AF terminology that means detained me. . .

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Those are them! I asked the dealer about the pin, as well as the badges. He was not helpful on either. I sent email to polaris...no answer.

Not to complain too much, but it would be nice to score one of each. If they advertise somnething...they should at least try to back it up. I signed the purchase order on veterans day. And yes...I'm a vetran of both gulf wars, retired after 21yrs as an AF SP. I spent waaaay too much time playing coyboys and insurgents in the big kitty litter box.
Hey, Thanks for serving. Unfortunately Victory didn't make the badges for veterans (which I agree, they should have - you guys deserve them). Fortunately for you, it sounds like you've made the purchase on the right day. Polaris should be mailing you cheese wedges. Don't bother with your local dealer for those.

The pins on the other hand, those were given to dealers to hand out. If your local dealer didn't give you any, try the next Victory dealer. They should at least give you a pair of pins for being a veteran.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Check with different dealers. If you can not find 1 let me know, that is of course you are military or retired military.
I might can get ya 1

Badges are for the cheese wedge
A pin is a pin

Can't help with a badge

The reason I said military or retired military that's the only way I can get 1

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I'm curious how many bikes were sold on Veterans day and how many badge sets Victory ordered. I bet they have a bunch of sets left over; it would be nice if they offered them to Vets -- I would be willing to buy a set.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I'm curious how many bikes were sold on Veterans day and how many badge sets Victory ordered. I bet they have a bunch of sets left over; it would be nice if they offered them to Vets -- I would be willing to buy a set.
The only problem is that they sold those bikes as limited edition. If they now turn around and start selling those badges, how would those who bought them as limited edition feel?

What they should do is provide badges for all veterans at no extra cost. The fact that those badges came on bikes sold on Veterans Day (even if they were sold to a non-vet) defeats the purpose of giving back to our veterans.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts

PM me your address and I will mail you a pin. I can also check with Steve over at Barracuda and see if he can still sell those aside from the Polaris(mothership) order.

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
Yeah. I was supposed to get one too but never did. I thought about pushing it but then thought about where I would put it since I put a 106 ci emblem on the ignition side to match the other side. There's probably someplace up front it would look good though. I put a pewter eagle just below the windshield and bent it slightly to fit the angle there. Looks like it was put there from the factory.

It was a gift from a friend who died unexpectedly and at the ripe young age of 49. I figured he wouldn't mind riding on the front and keeping an eye out for the crazy cage drivers for me.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I put a pewter eagle just below the windshield and bent it slightly to fit the angle there. Looks like it was put there from the factory.

It was a gift from a friend who died unexpectedly and at the ripe young age of 49. I figured he wouldn't mind riding on the front and keeping an eye out for the crazy cage drivers for me.
BBob, show us a picture when you get a chance. :)

·
Premium Member
13,006 Posts
BBob, show us a picture when you get a chance. :)

Looking at this picture I can see I should have put it slightly more to the right as looking at it from this angle. I guess we are both a little off center. :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Noemtz,
Your offer to contact Barracuda is outstanding! Sgtfixit earned to right to display the badges that he earned with his service and with his date of purchase.

I mentioned earlier in the post that I would be interested in purchasing a set but as CrossRoads mentioned that would take away from the limited status. After looking on your website at some of the items Barracuda makes I am thinking about contacting them and asking for a custom set. After 21 years of working with AF Munitions I want to try to get a set made with pisspots (ordnance symbol).

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Veterans Pins and Badges

After a couple of emails back and forth from the dealer...They are sending me a pir of pins. I'm glad they finally got around to it. Still no word from Polaris/Victory on the badges though. I sent all the info in to them as they requested, but not so much as a "we got your email" note. Dealer says he will check on those too. Thanx for all the help!

Happy Riding!thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Dealers have an online messaging system with Polaris - I think they call it Ask Polaris. Your dealer should be bombarding them with messages. Did you try going to Facebook and posting on their page? I checked the other day and there's a Victory employee that responds on Facebook, his user ID is dshelleny. If Victory is watching on a public page they are going to want to "fix" simple problems like this that could affect their image. You could also try to contact Barracuda and ask if deliveries went out to Victory to send to the lucky buyer or if they are supposed to ship from their factory. If Barracuda is supposed to ship they should have a delivery order or know who to contact to get one.

I just looked through my old emails and found the advertisement for the Veterans Day promotion. Not sure if you got it or not but too much is better than not enough. I found an email contact on it that may help. Try sending something to [email protected]. If you need the email send me a pm with your email address.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx...msgs sent out every month since I purchased in Nov...I'll try them again.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts