Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As has been posted a few times, the photos and instructions that come with the Victory vinyl forged bar closeouts are worse than terrible. How Polaris can allow something so simple to be done so poorly is worrisome. This certainly isn't the only accessory I bought that had embarrassingly poor instructions. It was easier to squint a bit at the last picture and figure the installation out for myself. Getting the right side on was OK but I then had a difficult time getting the left side on. I wouldn't want to have to install these in a hurry or in a cold/windy parking lot. I'm glad I only paid $20 for them new in their original package. At this point, I don't see myself using them much, if at all.

Does anyone have a better description, video or photos of how best to install them? They're Victory item number: 2878108 seen here: https://www.amazon.com/Victory-Forged-Highway-Closeouts-2878108/dp/B01CRCPM2E

Thank You,

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I use mine all the time in the winter. They are great. Keeps my legs and feet warm and dry. The top part of the bar there is a moumt for the plastic top cover near the gas tank. You have to push the closeout top mounting strap under the plastic cover and over the metal bar. You push it through on the outside of the mount. It's a little tight but it will go. That's the hardest part. After you have done it a few times, it's easy. The first time I mount them each season I have to think about it. But after that first time it just takes a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I use mine all the time in the winter. They are great. Keeps my legs and feet warm and dry. The top part of the bar there is a moumt for the plastic top cover near the gas tank. You have to push the closeout top mounting strap under the plastic cover and over the metal bar. You push it through on the outside of the mount. It's a little tight but it will go. That's the hardest part. After you have done it a few times, it's easy. The first time I mount them each season I have to think about it. But after that first time it just takes a few minutes.[/QUOT The lower inside of the closeouts. The loop goes over the bottom of the down comers on the grill. There is a point that goes back. LOOK at it and you will see how to mount them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts