Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been seeing a few threads talking about Ness's Vision with the HD Saddlebags on it. No doubt the functionality is HUGE, as the #1 thing that I hate about my Vision is its crappy cargo capacity.

That inspired me to do some tinkering, and I am working on building a custom fender, side and rear panels that will allow XC factory struts and saddlebags (I like the look and size of the XC bags better, plus it keeps it all Victory) to be mounted to a Vision.

Rather than just a one-off custom, I am working to build a kit that uses the stock Vision tail lamp assembly and seat rather than an aftermarket or XC to keep cost down.

Essentially I think I can make a complete kit that would require the purchaser to only provide their own bags, and of course paint to match.

Sooo... the big question is if I could pull this off and keep the lines clean do you think anyone might be interested in the kit if I can keep it in the 700-800 range? Or am I just better off building my own custom and not worry about it?

I cant help but believe there are ALOT of Vision owners like me that love their bikes but hate their bags...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I didn't realize there were a lot of Vision owners.

Sorry 'bout that, I'm just being a pain. :eek:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I cant help but believe there are ALOT of Vision owners like me that love their bikes but hate their bags...
I am sooooooo tempted to comment ..... :ltr: :ltr:

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts

That was the biggest thing that drive me to the XCT. I liked the seat better and loved the electric windshield.

That, and I couldn't adjust the handlebars without replacing them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was the biggest thing that drive me to the XCT. I liked the seat better and loved the electric windshield.

That, and I couldn't adjust the handlebars without replacing them.
I felt the same way.. was only the fact that I am 6'5 and can stretch out sooo well on those Vision board's that pushed me that way. Originally I just thought that I could live with the tiny bags and keep the trunk for storage, but the bike looks and handles so much better without the trunk, that the tiny bags have started to suck even more, especially since I have one of mine loaded up with subwoofers, leaves me no room at all hardly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love my Vision and put up with the bags cause that is a Vision. If you need more space, get a soft bag for the rear seat or a trailer.

If you love the CC bags better, it would be easier to buy a CCT. Then you get the trunk and your 2 bags.

With that being said, I would like to see a picture.wac

Reminds me of the CL ad where the guy took a CR and added a trunk and a street glide style fairing.... just looked wrong.(IMHO)

My thoughts...that's what you asked for..right??? Ride Safe either way!

Roger

Just as I posted, you posted some more!! So, let me add something. The CC has the same floorboards as the Vision. And the CC seat has options from Mustang and others...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well, taking parts off and swapping parts with parts from other bikes is at the core of customizing. I dunno how many bikes I looked at and scratched my head as to the why of it but could not help but admire the effort to do it.

Somewhere somebody has stripped off the power windshield, swapped in a tractor seat and put forward controls and dumped the floorboards on a Vision. I can't understand why but if it floats his boat then more power to him.

Remember this guy?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Remember this guy?
That's got to be the most hideous thing I've ever seen in my life. That deserves a couple :ltr: :ltr:

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
If that's what floats his boat, who am I to argue? However, *I* wouldn't do it...

·
13,262 Posts
Your going to have to lay your bike up for a good year or two.
You'll have to strip the hole back end of the bike.
Now you'll have to make a hole new back end
Then you'll have to spend a few hundred dollars on cc bags.
Now you'll have to spend many hours of molding the bags to the fenders
You'll only spend a lot of money and then scrap the hole idea

You would be better off waiting for the 2016 models or having Ness build you what you want

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's so nice(said with sarcasm)....should be called a Vision Glide.... Suddenly doesnt look like a radical spage age Vision. I'll keep what makes mine special...those swooping sleek bags.

And yes, I love modding my bikes just as much as the next guy. I just think if your going to such extremes and costs that there are sometimes better ways. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's so nice....should be called a Vision Glide.... Suddenly doesnt look like a radical spage age Vision. I'll keep what makes mine special...those swooping sleek bags.

And yes, I love modding my bikes just as much as the next guy. I just think if your going to such extremes and costs that there are sometimes better ways. Just my opinion.
Looks great but I agree, the bike looks mismatched.. still half Harley, half Vision. Kind of what I was hoping could be avoided.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yea but the XCT is just another Harley look alike. I will take my vision any day over a Harley look alike. My wife and I travel all the time and have no problem with the storage size I mean we are bikers not Hollywood girly boys that need to pack everything they own.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Updated Vision?

You would be better off waiting for the 2016 models or having Ness build you what you want
What have you heard about the 2016 models? Is there a revised Vision in the works? I'd go for a fixed fairing XC too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts