Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Given the cast frame is sectioned in pieces it would be interesting to see if one could make the tail frame section of a Cross work with the front frame section on a Vision. The saddlebag attachment would be the easy part as the frame would be made for them. The biggest issue would probably be the seat and blending the the front and back halves of the 2 bikes together at that point. This would tie right into all them Cross-Vision pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Given the cast frame is sectioned in pieces it would be interesting to see if one could make the tail frame section of a Cross work with the front frame section on a Vision. The saddlebag attachment would be the easy part as the frame would be made for them. The biggest issue would probably be the seat and blending the the front and back halves of the 2 bikes together at that point. This would tie right into all them Cross-Vision pictures.
That's my dream bike. I like my XC but I would love the frame mounted front with the XCT rear.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
That's my dream bike. I like my XC but I would love the frame mounted front with the XCT rear.
Yeah, but I want an upgrade to the Vision. Those mirrors are horrible and there is no airflow so your legs cook. The tank would also look funny with all the radio buttons in it...to say nothing of flammable!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I could be interested in the picture that 40XC posted. That would be a great start for Victory. The XC saddlebags could be rounded a little to work with the shape of the Vision without losing much space. Round the front a little and give the back end more slope to meet the tail/taillights.

Speaking of taillights... I did the MBW rear LED lights this spring and that has been the best mod yet for safety.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Every Vision I have ever seen was on fire due to all of the electronics mounted on top of the fuel tank.
Hell, even on my XC the wires to the throttle bodies set my bike on fire!!!
If you are smarter than HD you can run wires near a fuel system without burning down your bike.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I would have purchased one of these in a heartbeat.

·
13,262 Posts
there was a guy here building one. He was just buying part where ever he could find them. Never heard of a kit.
Arlen Ness or Rusty Jones custom and HMD 250
You would have to call them. Their web pages don't really say

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been seeing a few threads talking about Ness's Vision with the HD Saddlebags on it. No doubt the functionality is HUGE, as the #1 thing that I hate about my Vision is its crappy cargo capacity.

That inspired me to do some tinkering, and I am working on building a custom fender, side and rear panels that will allow XC factory struts and saddlebags (I like the look and size of the XC bags better, plus it keeps it all Victory) to be mounted to a Vision.

Rather than just a one-off custom, I am working to build a kit that uses the stock Vision tail lamp assembly and seat rather than an aftermarket or XC to keep cost down.

Essentially I think I can make a complete kit that would require the purchaser to only provide their own bags, and of course paint to match.

Sooo... the big question is if I could pull this off and keep the lines clean do you think anyone might be interested in the kit if I can keep it in the 700-800 range? Or am I just better off building my own custom and not worry about it?

I cant help but believe there are ALOT of Vision owners like me that love their bikes but hate their bags...
How did the conversion work out ?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts