Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new poster here. I have been a HD owner for many years...looking for something different...checked out Big Dogs...really like the Victory Vegas Jackpot...don't know much about these Victory bikes...are they reliable? I have owned 2 HD's and have never had a problem with either bike...I love my HD but man I like the looks of the Vegas Jackpot! I have heard Big Dogs are not so reliable...I don't want to give up my HD for an unreliable bike...how reliable are the Victory bikes? Does the company back them? Are there a lot of aftermarket accessories for them? Any feedback would be appreciated! Ride safe everyone!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome. Browse around this site to answer your questions.

I bought my Jackpot in February and have not had a lick of trouble. The engines are supposed to be bulletproof with proper maintenance.

I am a big guy and the Jackpot fits me well and is comfortable for long (2+ hr) trips.

I almost bought a Wide Glide but now am so glad I didn't.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't have a Jackpot, I have a Vision...It has 42K miles of no problems at all! The motor is ROCK SOLID!! No warranty claims or anything!

Just change th eoil, lubricate a couple of spots and go ride...Oli changes take all of 15 minutes and that is if you let the old oil drain for a bit!!! It is STUPID EASY!!! cheers

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Vics are so reliable I passed up a 5 year extended warranty for only $400. Dealer said I'd just be throwing money at him as Vics come in to his shop for just two things, routine maintenance and accessories. I have not heard or read of any major breakdowns. If you haven't ridden one, that will be your undoing...that did it for me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a 06 Kingpin bought new in 08 70,000 miles. All I do is change oil, clean air filter, put on new tires, scrape off bugs and ride.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I'm was confident enough in what I read here and other places that I recently picked up a 2011 Cross Roads with 9500 miles on it. I've since put 2000 more miles on it and not had one single problem. I can see myself owning this bike for a long, long time... :)

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
I'm was confident enough in what I read here and other places that I recently picked up a 2011 Cross Roads with 9500 miles on it. I've since put 2000 more miles on it and not had one single problem. I can see myself owning this bike for a long, long time... :)
Whether its a car or bike, I do my homework prior to purchase because I hang on to 'em for at least ten years. So they have to be dependable and require a minimum of maintenance in order to give me that kind of lifespan. That's one reason I have never bought an H-D...those I have known with 'em don't have the kind of luck I do. And because I take care of my vehicles, I get a good price when I go to sell 'em, as there's still a lot of good miles left in 'em. So far, every indication is that my Vic will serve me well. thumb up

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a Big Dog K-9 (2008). Electrical problems out the wazoo. The EHC has a ton a bugs in it and most end up replacing it. Mechanically they are not that bad, but the starters are bit under powered for the 117 S&S. Broke two jack shafts before I hit 5000 miles.

Have had two vics - 07 Jackpot - zero problems - traded it for a 11 Cross Country - zero problems in 12K miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Victory is the way to go. As far as accessories, IMO hd has all bikes beat. But it seems aftermarket companies are starting to come around better with victory. Like everyone else says, do your regular maintenance and you'll be good to go. You can't beat a victory. I'm sure you will never look back if you get one cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was in your boat looking at both. I have 5k on my new jackpot in 3 months and it runs like a dream. So much power, easy to maintain yourself, and some of the sharpest looking bikes. You would be wasting your money if you didn't buy one!
Everyone and their dogs have harleys (the are still great bikes) but if you want one that honestly is a better bike Vic is the only way to go!
Good luck on your choice!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Your only question that you need to figure out is new or used. I was a little skeptical about buying used with 22K on it but I couldnt pass the price... Man, I am grateful EVERY day that I get on it that I didnt like used milage deter me. 13K in 10 months and my only problem was the drive pulley nut WHICH does have an inspection interval on it but I was going to hold out a couple K until I changed the rear tire. Other than that, oil, filter, plugs and clean my K&N on occasion. I think cleaning the throttle bodies is the deapest maintenance I have done. I am so confident in Vic that I will be buying another TC as a project bike most likely before a new model (Hammer S or XCT).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was trading up from a Kawasaki Vulcan 900, which are infamously reliable. Other than the occasional stator replacement, the 900s only seem to need regular oil changes to stay on the road. Unfortunately, Kawasaki's big-inch bikes kinda didn't do it for me. The Nomads and Vaqueros are nice bikes, but I didn't like the saddlebags on them, and the horror stories of being washed down with engine heat and poor fuel mileage drove me away. I wanted something that, like my 900, I could jump on and ride every day with no worries.

After extensive research and then a few direct questions at this forum, I went with a 2011 Victory Cross Roads. Only 3000 miles so far, but not a regret in sight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
test rode a '07 jackpot yesterday...overall I really liked the bike, but I was not impressed with some of the fake chrome plastic pieces...and the turn signals are PATHETIC...cheap plastic...reminded me of my Yamaha days...anyone else think the turn signals do not do these bikes justice?

Really liked the handling and power of the bike and they have great lines. Might consider one, if I can get past those turn signals...maybe someone offers aftermarket upgrades. For a bike that expensive, there should not be fake plastic chrome and dorky turn signals. Still, I was impressed!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Big Dog went "tits up" a few months back.
Previous bike was an '06 RoadKing that looked good, but wouldn't take it out of town. Unreliable POS. It was good for "resale value" and that's about it.
No complaints whatsoever on my Victory. Had it a couple of years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts