Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can do scheduled maintenance while the bike is still under warranty? OR do they give a hard time if an issue comes up in the warranty time without servicing at an authorized dealer? Thanks

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Does anyone know if you can do scheduled maintenance while the bike is still under warranty? OR do they give a hard time if an issue comes up in the warranty time without servicing at an authorized dealer? Thanks
You can do it yourself. Keep receipts of anything you purchase that is used to service the bike (ie. oil & oil filter receipt).

·
Registered
100 Posts
So I took my bike in for its first service recently (I got the 3 year free service).

The service tech said that Polaris had contacted them recently requesting the status of my bike. Apparently Polaris looks for that initial service record for warranty purposes. The tech told me that we aren't required by any means to have Victory/Polaris do our service but it makes Polaris all warm and fuzzy when they get that first service record.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Victory's have a warranty?!?! :ltr:

Many have said they did well with getting problems fixed. I have had the exact opposite experience. I guess the dealers have a lot to do with it. Since the lovely episode of getting wiring warranted, I use the dealer as a tire shop and make no bones they are on a short leash.
Learn to wrench your own bike. I know they don't like that, but get tired of correcting what the "mechanics" mess up.
Hopefully YMMV cheers

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I trust no man with tools and my property if I do not know him personally. I had a repair biz for over 40 years and witnessed the atrocious work of others who took much longer and charged more than I would. Therefore, I am the only one who works on my bike. Vics are easy to work on and require very little maintenance. These are not Harleys by any stretch. If this 77-1/2 year old can do it, so can you. An extended warranty or service contract is a waste of money.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
It's your bike do the very simple work yourself.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My only interaction with warranty work was trying to get a blown fork seal covered. Polaris called it a "wear item" and that was that. That's the only time the bike's been to the shop. I've changed the oil, adjusted the belt, and replaced both tires on my own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts