Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ok I'm curious. Why do you need a frame? Is your bike damaged or is this for a project?

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
$1600 for a whole set up or just the front??? That's double retail for just a front if your looking at just a front section unless its still attached to the rear, that's still way overpriced for a used set up.

·
12,968 Posts
Keep in mind if it comes with salvage title your state might not give you good title with out bonding it.
Your might not find a insurance company that will give you insurance on it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$1600 for a whole set up or just the front??? That's double retail for just a front if your looking at just a front section unless its still attached to the rear, that's still way overpriced for a used set up.
Thats just the main frame w/title...im building a custom...do u know where I can find a main frame cheaper

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep in mind if it comes with salvage title your state might not give you good title with out bonding it.
Your might not find a insurance company that will give you insurance on it
Yea going to check with DMV and see what process is for salvage title. I knew it may need inspection and show receipts hut ill have all those from the parts I buy

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
New from victory that is cheaper then 1600 for both pieces, but you don't get a title, If it was a wrecked bike we would stamp the old vin into the new frame and destroy the old frame or give it back to the customer, starting from scratch I have no clue how you would get a title or vin number.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yea going to check with DMV and see what process is for salvage title. I knew it may need inspection and show receipts hut ill have all those from the parts I buy
Theres typically no problem with re-titling a salvage frame, DMV (in CA) wanted a brake and lamp inspection certificate from a certified vendor, that cost me $140, surrender the old title and license plate to DMV and they charged $200 just for sitting on their ass and doing nothing.... and then I had to pay the full regular registration for the next term which is less than a year. (it was reg'd as non-op for one year)

Option 2 - title it as a home built 'new' bike if it is a custom, and then you have to provide all the details, receipts, inspections etc. - you get new title new plate, new registration no other issues with "SALVAGE" on your title.

No problem with insurance - they asked I told them it was salvage and they said ok!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok cool thanks....its going to be a home build me and one of my friends doing....making a show bike

Theres typically no problem with re-titling a salvage frame, DMV (in CA) wanted a brake and lamp inspection certificate from a certified vendor, that cost me $140, surrender the old title and license plate to DMV and they charged $200 just for sitting on their ass and doing nothing.... and then I had to pay the full regular registration for the next term which is less than a year. (it was reg'd as non-op for one year)

Option 2 - title it as a home built 'new' bike if it is a custom, and then you have to provide all the details, receipts, inspections etc. - you get new title new plate, new registration no other issues with "SALVAGE" on your title.

No problem with insurance - they asked I told them it was salvage and they said ok!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts