Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the heated seat switch positions work? The factory, in it's infinate wisdom, has neglected to provide instructions.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would say that the off position is in the middle, the high temperature position is in the up mode and the low temperature position is down. There is no indicator light telling me the heater is on or off either.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Does anyone know how the heated seat switch positions work? The factory, in it's infinate wisdom, has neglected to provide instructions.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would say that the off position is in the middle, the high temperature position is in the up mode and the low temperature position is down. There is no indicator light telling me the heater is on or off either.
What you've stated is correct. This is in the owners manual page 19. There is also a label between the switches but try and read that.. LOL

·
Registered
636 Posts

Yah.. but your ass will tell you what your eyes cannot see....:ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sorry for being a partial smart ass....... I installed the seat from my dead XR yesterday after I got it recovered in Ostrich. Sat on it to make sure it was working and wow... It seemed hotter than when it was on my XR. But I was not moving and the bike was in the garage outta the sun.....high is up, low is down and off is the middle position for both toggle switches....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
There are two positions for the heater switches and they are...
1. on by accident on a warm day and my butt is on fire and I can't figure out at 80 mph whether I did the secret handshake right with the toggles.
2. off on a cold day and I'll be damned if I can find the silly toggles in that goofy location that the guy who designed the seat did not bother relaying to the saddlebag bracket designer in the next cubicle over. Did they not think that we might be wearing gloves on chilly days?

Engineering, you got to love it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a 2011 CC turned into a CCT. I bought the exact same seat with the heat. I noticed the heated version is much harder and not as comfortable as was my original non heated seat. Anybody else notice this???

Maybe because the heating pad has displaced some foam padding?

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are two positions for the heater switches and they are...
1. on by accident on a warm day and my butt is on fire and I can't figure out at 80 mph whether I did the secret handshake right with the toggles.
2. off on a cold day and I'll be damned if I can find the silly toggles in that goofy location that the guy who designed the seat did not bother relaying to the saddlebag bracket designer in the next cubicle over. Did they not think that we might be wearing gloves on chilly days?

Engineering, you got to love it.
+1, and I thought it was just me...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2011 CC turned into a CCT. I bought the exact same seat with the heat. I noticed the heated version is much harder and not as comfortable as was my original non heated seat. Anybody else notice this???

+1, and I thought it was just me...
Sit on a Ness XC seat for awhile and that heated seat will feel wonderful.. :D I sat on a CCT last week and thought the seat was super comfy compared to the Ness. Gamewarden did you happen to buy the " low " version heated seat? Maybe that's the difference?

·
Registered
636 Posts

nope... Love the seat so,much, I had it restored from my last bike and installed it this week on my XC. I have ridden many miles with it and find it very comfortable....

·
Registered
367 Posts
No I did not buy the low version it is the exact same seat. I bought it off a guy turning his bike into a trike. No big deal I will use the heated version spring and fall. It makes sense there may be less padding in the heated version.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yup.. It was wired backwards on my XR too....but not on this bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine was wired backwords. Lo is Hi and visa versa.

Bob
But off is still in the middle? Jeez! Mine feels like it he’s hot in the middle but does sod all else in the up and down position. The grips, on the other hand (no pun intended), in low, are like a smelter furnace. I daren’t try high for fear of igniting Earth’s atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
My XCT seat appears to be wired correctly for low/high/off but but was wired backward for front/rear (i.e. rider/passenger). Check that possibility out. Turn on the passenger switch and see if your rider seat heats up. It is an easy fix once you diagnose the problem. One little screw and the plastic cover comes off the seat and the wires can be simply removed from their incorrect spade connectors and attached to the correct ones.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
But off is still in the middle? Jeez! Mine feels like it he’s hot in the middle but does sod all else in the up and down position. The grips, on the other hand (no pun intended), in low, are like a smelter furnace. I daren’t try high for fear of igniting Earth’s atmosphere.
Hahahaha

I agree on the low grip setting.
Hope you get your seat situation settled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts