Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
Who nid uses this thing?
In Russia there are very bad roads, and to protect the engine.
I'm looking for the dimensions for the manufacture of the part.
Can share?

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Hello everyone.
Who nid uses this thing?
Can share?

You lose some of your already limited ground clearance (but protect the engine sump)
My Vegas scrapes the bottom of the engine over higher speed bumps sometimes, doesnt hurt it.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
think it is not necessary to install it?
your choice...if you're going to be smashing it over big boulders like a dirt bike Id have a bashplate for sure!
Depends just how bad your roads are:rolleyes:
see what Rollin thinks...he probably dishes out more road abuse to his ride than anyone on here

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Great to see an X bike made it to Moscow. Cool!

Yes. These plates are highly recommended for anyone lowering their X bike or riding bad roads on a regular basis; especially if out in the middle of nowhere.

You should be able to take the measurements right off the bike.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I have one on my XC, I got it from witchdoctors about 3 months ago. I just got it for the underneath protection and the plate makes it a dream to jack the bike up. But now my motorcycle lift table gets it done better !:D

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hello everyone.
Who nid uses this thing?
Can share?

I know the police bikes get these so that the officers can ride over curbs, speed bumps etc without worrying as much about taking a motor out. The ones I looked at on the police bikes provided protection to the regulator too.
They had air slots to get better air flow in the regulator area. Living on a dirt road I have building one on my list too.
Not in the near future but hopefully before I bounce too many rocks off the cases of the bike.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I know the police bikes get these so that the officers can ride over curbs, speed bumps etc without worrying as much about taking a motor out. The ones I looked at on the police bikes provided protection to the regulator too.
They had air slots to get better air flow in the regulator area. Living on a dirt road I have building one on my list too.
Not in the near future but hopefully before I bounce too many rocks off the cases of the bike.
yeah the regulator is very exposed..silly place to put it I thought.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hello everyone.
Who nid uses this thing?
Can share?

I've had one from day one. MANY times I have scraped accidently getting on poor roads or potholes. If you plan to lower the bike, a must.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts