Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test rode a XC tues and was not blown away by it, but it was a nice bike.
I joined this forum to learn a lot more about it, lowering, performance, ect.
I will read and would like to ask some ?s if thats all right.
Jim

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would blow you away about a motorcycle?I ride 113cu in bike and it did blow my away so much I bought one in less than 30 days

Why would you want to lower it?I have a 29" inseam, it was not bad but stopping on an incline could be a little iffy

Fire away, that's what these forums are for.
Thanks I will lurk and ask a few questions from time to time, it's amazing what you can learn about a bike by checking out the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Thanks I will lurk and ask a few questions from time to time, it's amazing what you can learn about a bike by checking out the forum.
If you're into power, then search on posts here from a guy that goes by Half Crazy. He seems well versed in the ways of making these Vic engines get up and go.

I also have a 29-30" inseam and I can pretty much flat foot my Vic on both sides at a stop. I've also ridden many bikes I could barely touch the ground on and stopping was never much of an issue. I just slide over and hold the bike with one leg or balance it between tip toes. What I don't like about those bikes is trying to back them up. Sometimes if the wife gets squirrely back there at a stop it can be a little disconcerting.

Anyway, when I hear of somebody wanting to lower a bike, it makes me think of this. After the little girl rides like a pro, her instructor lays out some words of wisdom on bike lowering:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're into power, then search on posts here from a guy that goes by Half Crazy. He seems well versed in the ways of making these Vic engines get up and go.

I also have a 29-30" inseam and I can pretty much flat foot my Vic on both sides at a stop. I've also ridden many bikes I could barely touch the ground on and stopping was never much of an issue. I just slide over and hold the bike with one leg or balance it between tip toes. What I don't like about those bikes is trying to back them up. Sometimes if the wife gets squirrely back there at a stop it can be a little disconcerting.

Anyway, when I hear of somebody wanting to lower a bike, it makes me think of this. After the little girl rides like a pro, her instructor lays out some words of wisdom on bike lowering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuyz3WDap9Q&feature=related
I have done the ride like a pro thing, I would like to find a little more acceleration but than I'am used to a bigger motor, I would like maybe 1/2" lower.
I have been riding bikes since the late 40s and I know you can get used to any bike.
I have put over 55K on my 1100 and over 46K on my Liner in the last 4&1/2 years, The reason I tested the XC was because I'am getting ready to travel again and it seems to have all the stuff already on it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The XC leaves the rider a bit "exposed" vs. the Vision or XTC versions that provide a more "quiet" air pocket. Demo one of those if that is what you are looking for. The XTC will be similar in response to the XC so it will be a bit "quicker" side-to-side than will the Vision bikes. The Vision bikes do still handle VERY well but they are about 100lbs heavier and much of that additional weight is in the heavier-than-XC tour packs that the Vision bikes come with. If you remove the trunks from both, the Vision is still about 50lbs heavier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts