Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audio question guys.
I have a 2013 Victory XCT. I'm the process of upgrading the factory stereo. After doing a lot of research and reading reviews I've decided to go with the following upgrades. Right now I've have a pair of Polk DB651's for the front fairing and a Kenwood KAC M3004 AMP. I'm looking for speakers for the XCT trunk to replace the stock speakers without cutting the trunk to accommodate larger speakers. Any suggestions on a pair of drop in replacement speakers for the XCT trunk that will mate up good with Polk DB651's in the front fairing without cutting the trunk up?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Pretty sure without cutting your only options are the victory "upgrade" kickers that come stock on many bikes or maybe the Alpine SPS-510's.

Try a search there is a 50 page thread on upgrades on here that should be able to confirm that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response.
The shop I plan to have install the speakers and amp for me have the capability of cutting and fabricating the trunk. I would like to maintain as much truck space as possible without the cutting if I can avoid it. However, I do prefer better sound quality than stock speaker are capable of. So if cutting is required, cutting it is. With that thought in mind. Any suggestions on a good set of speakers to mate with the Polk DB651's I have for the front. Also, can the current wiring in place be used or will upgrades to the wiring be required as well. Thanks again for all feed back and thoughts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke with my audio guy yesterday. And trunk is going to have to be cut to accommodate upgraded after market speakers. Any suggestion on a good set of 5 1/2's to replace to XCT trunk speakers that provide a good mate up with the Polk db651's I'm going to have installed in the front. All 4 speakers will be amped.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought the Kicker 40CS54 5.25 inch 2-Way Speakers to mount in the trunk and all that I had to do is use some spacers to mount them and no cutting required. I also used Alpine SPS-510's for the fairing and between both of them they were a great improvement to the stock ones. Like a lot of people I did not add an amp and it works good enough for my hearing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Audio question guys.
I have a 2013 Victory XCT. I'm the process of upgrading the factory stereo. After doing a lot of research and reading reviews I've decided to go with the following upgrades. Right now I've have a pair of Polk DB651's for the front fairing and a Kenwood KAC M3004 AMP. I'm looking for speakers for the XCT trunk to replace the stock speakers without cutting the trunk to accommodate larger speakers. Any suggestions on a pair of drop in replacement speakers for the XCT trunk that will mate up good with Polk DB651's in the front fairing without cutting the trunk up?

Hey gmaxx,

I went with Alpine SPS-510's in the fairing and trunk. I also went with the RF 300X4 amp in the fairing, it was easy because WD makes a mount for it. The sound is a great improvement. I had to cut a part of the trunk to fit the Alpines but then I put in a carpet kit and now you cant tell. I will be taking the front Alpines out and installing some Polk DB651's up front as you are doing.

I've attached the pic of the trunk, good luck!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts