Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow will be one week since purchasing my 2004 Vegas.

I did a lot of research... including joining this website and asking lots of questions before my purchase.

I bought my first bike August 2011. This is bike number 5 and I've found the right one. Just now has 12K so barely broken it. It is almost cosmetically perfect.

I ride a lot and it looks like this one will be easier to maintain. I just got back from a ride and can truthfully say the fun factor tops all the others.

I love this bike! The 2in1 RPW has a nice throaty sound especially when cracking the throttle a little. Never had pipes like this so it makes cleaning the rear wheel much easier.

2.jpg

1.jpg

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I appreciate all of the help I've gotten this far and looking forward to riding and contributing here.

Oh! Looks like the oil drain is an allen screw. Is this correct? I'm surprised!

The original owner installed new bars that come back more than the oem. I love them just need to lower them a little. I also will raise the shield a little to reduce the buffeting.

I don't think there is anything I can do about the buzziness I get over 60 mph which makes me wonder if Polaris did not include rubber mounts in the build. That is all it would have needed.

Anyone have this issue with their older Vegas models? Hey! I can live with it.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Oil drain plug is most likely an allen. Make sure to use the correct size and the the wrench is fully seat/straight before you torque on it or you may strip the drain plug.

Also note that the buzzing is most likely the shield vibrating but it could also be unbalanced tires. I suggest pulling the weights off the wheels and putting dyna beads or ride-on in the tires.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The oil drain is a 6mm allen. Do not over-torque it or you will strip the engine case and get into the helicoil world. It only gets 15 ft-lb which won't seem like much.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
the buzziness seems strange. Lacy's Vegas was smooth as glass at highway speed. Harsher ride than my XR by far, but still smooth. Hmm...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts