Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is VictoryOnly still in business?

Early yesterday I placed an order. By the evening, the charge still didn't hit my card. This morning I went to their site and couldn't find my order, so I called them. No answer.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,559 Posts
They do not respond to trying to contact them. If you see a charge wait 4 weeks and your stuff just shows up. Not in the original box either.

Just speaking from my experience couple years ago.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
They do not respond to trying to contact them. If you see a charge wait 4 weeks and your stuff just shows up. Not in the original box either.

Just speaking from my experience couple years ago.
That's not cool at all, I've ordered from them and had a good experience.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An update.... I placed an order for a tuner and intakes on 04/20. The order hit my card the following day. I checked their web site and my order doesn't show.

Today I emailed them in the morning asking for a tracking number. Nothing (it's now 8:40 pm). Order still doesn't show on their web site.

I'm calling the bank tomorrow and backing out the purchase. I will not do business with Victory Only. They're business set up is either incompetent or they're becoming crooks.

Fair warning.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
I sure don't like hearing this, we need the few Vic part suppliers to stay with us.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
An update.... I placed an order for a tuner and intakes on 04/20. The order hit my card the following day. I checked their web site and my order doesn't show.

Today I emailed them in the morning asking for a tracking number. Nothing (it's now 8:40 pm). Order still doesn't show on their web site.

I'm calling the bank tomorrow and backing out the purchase. I will not do business with Victory Only. They're business set up is either incompetent or they're becoming crooks.

Fair warning.
They will never respond. Don't be surprised if your stuff shows up later. They have to get your money to buy the parts that you ordered so they can ship them to you. Seems to be how they operate.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They will never respond. Don't be surprised if your stuff shows up later. They have to get your money to buy the parts that you ordered so they can ship them to you. Seems to be how they operate.
I'll cancel payment on the card.

What are my options from there?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'll cancel payment on the card.

What are my options from there?
I think you're doing the right thing. Not sure what happens if they actually shipped it to you. I think once you report it then the dispute is between your card company and them and you're out of it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They didn't even give me a receipt. I finally got a response from them this morning as I was on the phone with my bank. He said he was shipping today. I told him not to bother, as I cancelled my order and my card. I reported this transaction as fraud to my bank. They advised me that if the supplier ships, just to refuse shipment.

Sorry to see this from them. I ordered two items from them in December. They shipped them immediately.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Received an email notice this morning that an item has shipped. I don't know if it's one or both from my order.

I replied continuing my email stating that this order is cancelled, stating that I reported this transaction as fraud and will refuse the shipment. I also told him that my email cancelled this transaction since his web site didn't show my order.

Folks, beware of Victory Only.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should add that I ordered the same parts from WitchDoctor's yesterday. Didn't get a receipt, but received notification this morning that my items have shipped.

I'm betting WitchDoctor's will get here first and complete.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
I'm sorry to say 'Victory Only' has been sketchy since I got involved with Victory's a decade ago. They just have a lousy business practice. I don't know if they are operating out of a garage or they are a middleman with someone else stocking and doing the shipping but they've always been hard to reach and iffy on sending parts on time.

I truly wish this weren't so but for this company for some reason this is standard operating procedure.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I should add that I ordered the same parts from WitchDoctor's yesterday. Didn't get a receipt, but received notification this morning that my items have shipped.

I'm betting WitchDoctor's will get here first and complete.
That's weird, every order I've ever placed with Witchdoctor's has emailed me a receipt immediately after checkout (including the one I just placed today).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's weird, every order I've ever placed with Witchdoctor's has emailed me a receipt immediately after checkout (including the one I just placed today).
That concerned me as well. I double-checked my email address on their web site and I typed in correctly. No matter, I have the tracking number.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paul at Victory Only called me yesterday morning, asking me what issue I had with them. I told him about the total lack of communication after placing my order and my CC getting hit. He told me he was looking at my order on his monitor, so I opened up my account on his web site and verified that my order was not there.

To make a long story short, his site's software was malfunctioning due to the increased amount of traffic it was getting (this is a database issue). He told me he had to let his workers go with the quarantine and it was just him and his wife working. They were overwhelmed.

His daughter has redesigned the site. I told him of issues I've observed with his relational database and possible architectural problems.

Bottom line is that I'll continue to do business with Victory Only, as I believe from our conversation that extraordinary circumstances were in play with my order. I believe Paul and his wife to be honest vendors.

It would be useful to them to have a professional look at his site redesign and his database. That's not my call, however.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Still what you experienced is in line with many postings about them and my own experience. Zero communication and eventually stuff just shows up without the original packaging. They are not the best place to do business and I'm hesitant to try again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts