Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
victoryparts.net don wood victory has class and made good on their mistakes.

Just wanted to share a piss poor experience on my first order from these clowns. Made order online on 8/31 and paid for 2 day shipping. Everything indicated in stock and the following day got an email with a ship date of 9/6 to 9/10. I received my box on 9/16. And was missing 4 parts. Invoice with package said everything ordered shipped. Called this morning and was told the other parts were going out today because they were back ordered but will go out today or tomorrow 2 day. If you do order from them make a phone call and speak to someone and clear up everything because they do not have the man power or automation to communicate effectively. There are more negative posts about them online.
I regret not going local to save money and tax. Would have gladly paid top dollar to get my parts faster. Will update with a hopefully successful completion to the order.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Depending on the item, my local dealer gives me 10-20 % off. No shipping charges ever , and non stock parts usually arrive within 4 days. I cant beat that no how, and try to give the little guy the business. In the rare case I do have a problem, they are only 7 miles away ! thumb up

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
Maybe its a generational thing and maybe having my own business has something to do with this, but I prefer to trade locally,eyeball to eyeball, and keep people I know in business. Those times when I just HAVE TO order from a distant firm or an online company, I phone them for a number of reasons, the main one being I will NEVER enter my credit card number in a computer. Other reasons are: I get reassurance I am ordering the right thing; I'll learn if its in stock or back ordered; I get technical assistance and there have been times when I have been steered to another product which will serve me better. Example: When I called Lloydz to order the VFCIII, Danny suggested I try the adjustable timing wheel first. The was great advice that I would not have gotten ordering on line.
Steve, your regrets are duly noted.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reminds me of the time I had my VTX. The forum sponsor would have 20% discount on most holidays, so I thought I would give them a shot on a $60 order. Since they had a location in NC, I had to pay the 7.25% sales tax and shipping. With those added costs, I paid more than if I went to the local dealer----AND HAD TO WAIT 4 DAYS TO GET IT!

Live and learn.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree and the only reason for me going online is that money is tight and I need to save wherever I can. Unfortunately arlen ness which is in my backyard charges retail. If I can get yhem to start matching prices I won't go elsewhere. That being said I would have gladly paid retail had the outcome been more spot on.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
arlen ness which is in my backyard charges retail. If I can get yhem to start matching prices I won't go elsewhere. Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Have you asked them for that in person? I have requested price matches from my dealer and they gladly do it rather than lose the sale. Sometimes they surprise me with an even lower price.thumb up

·
Registered
813 Posts
I wish I could go to the Vic dealer but it is an hour away and on a super dangerous 5 lane highway. I have to ride on 3 of our worst interstates to get there, plus they don't carry much for my old girl any more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,316 Posts
That doesn't sound very appealing. Maybe you could relocate to a house next door to a Victory dealer, an ACE hardware, a Lloydz franchisee, a Cycle Gear and a great Italian restaurant.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I've gotta hand it to the folks at don wood. They showed imense class after all yhatvwent wrong with my order. I'm still waiting for my last part which should be here monday. But after speaking w the parts mgr during the week and expressing my dissatisfaction he asked if I'd like a t shirt. So I was like great another t shirt. Seems to be everyone's answer. When I opened my first box of the last 3 parts coming, he threw in a top notch victory zip up sweatshirt that I was pretty stoked on. I'm sure it retails for a fair amount. I thought that was quite nice of him and was enough to make me order there again in the future although I will conduct the order over the phone. Thank you don wood for showing some class

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds like they took pretty good care of you in the end. Your order pretty much mirrors what happened on a recent order I made with a popular vendor in here. My order was not shipped together as this vendor claimed and it was placed on back order over one part. While I received my order quicker than you did in two separate shipments, we had the same issues and your dealer handled things far better than did this vendor.

They could have just emailed you telling you how great they are and that they are number one and that would have been it. Instead they cared about you their customer and made efforts to make you happy and that is what real customer service is all about.

Me on the other hand only got the we are number one email and that was the end of it.

There really are a lot of places to buy Victory parts if you just take the time to look for them and the quality of those parts are very impressive from these other vendors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts