Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fought excessive vibrations in my '09 Harley FatBob for 2 years, went through several thousand dollars and six mechanics and never solved the problem. Switched to Victory and after I took some aftermarket crap off them, they run great.

Keep in mind that HARLEY has the 2nd lowest reliability record, according to Consumer Reports.

This is the latest I read from Consumer Reports and while Victory is up top Harley is far from 2nd Lowest ..

https://www.consumerreports.org/products/motorcycle-satisfaction/ratings-overview/

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thats for sure!...like who else wouldve thought of reverse mounting their front fender!
our OP couldve probably learned a lot from a bloke like Dill Pickle....��
Ah, I have a reversed Hammer front fender on the HardBall.
That way there is a little bit more protection for the oil cooler.
But I've never shot a phone pole while intoxicated!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wish I would have kept my Harley,I hate this victoryP.O.S.
I kept my 1990 1200 Sporty. Most of the days it sits in the shed and pouts at me when I walk past it and take out the HardBall. The engine is reliable, but the gearbox, last year of the 4 speed, wears really fast, particularly countershaft 3rd. The photos show the expensive junk from the last rebuild, the fourth, and the label on the parts box shows one of the reasons, a 46 year parts run.
Everytime I ride it though I am reminded how much I like it, such a sweet little thing that I can almost hear Ben Nichols singing the words.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
These posts had me spending an afternoon off work with flu looking at Dill Pickles threads. Now I've got sore ribs and back from coughing and laughing!
Haaaaaa @Dill pickles that was always a GOOD laugh, he bought a Honda "I think"

Andre using TaPaTaLk

41 - 44 of 44 Posts