Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking about this. I remember the day, what I was doing and where is was the first time I ever saw a Victory. I can not say that abou and other bike.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Me too I was at a Polaris dealer pricing ATV's. I remember thinking how good the bikes looked and if I'd ever be able to own one.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
First Vic I saw in person was a used 00SC. I was at the dealer with a friend of mine, and told him that I thought it was the ugliest cruiser I had ever seen. Ironically.......I bought that same bike less then a year later. A little work, and it was beautiful

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got a Vegas as a loaner when I bought a Yamaha Warrior from a dealer back in PA. Beautiful black bike that I took to a bike night the first night I had it. Was a lot of fun, this was in 2004, the fuel injection on it was terrible at low speeds but I have kept coming back until I ended up owning one.

·
Premium Member
13,637 Posts
My best friend showed up on a brand new 1999 model. I don't remember the model but I think it was the smaller one at the time. I took for a ride and it felt a little top heavy to me at the time. I didn't give it much thought after that because he heard about all the transmission trouble they were having with them and can you believe it? Somebody up and stole it. I think he got a Dyna after that.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I also will never forget my first sighting. I was at a Polaris dealer by my house, saw an 07 Jackpot and about **** my pants in amazement! I had never seen a bike so beautiful. Couldn't afford it at the time, so i bought a Vegas 8 ball. Still the only bike I've ever ridden (on my second 8 ball now). Love it! :D

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
First models that came out was really crude looking. I really did not think Victory would make it. Then it is like a ugly duck changing as it gets older, Size of motors and more models. Then the wild futuristic Vision. Now they lured me in with the cruisers. Engine size, paint scheme, different model choices, warranty, and price get me hooked.thumb up

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was on the Honda Shadow forum where one of the members had a black Cross Country in his sig pick. I remember seeing the engine in stark contrast to the black bike and thinking what is that? With curiousity peaked, I was a Victory owner a few months later.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Victory sighting

I was driving north on Memorial drive in Tulsa. I was at the stop light at 61st street. A Purple & white Victory that I later learned was a Hammer pulled up beside me. I knew right then that was the Brand for me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
When they first came out (I live in MN so was aware of them very early), I was completely underwhelmed. They just looked pretty much like every other cruiser out there. They caught my attention when they started the new design direction.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Victory went under my radar till I saw a 2006 Jackpot parked outside of a spring training game in Tucson AZ. Wow, what a bike. Never thought I could afford one till I found a consigment bike at the dealership this last spring. Was actually looking for a used Wide Glide but could not pass up a Jackpot with 5200 mi and 10,000 off the price of a new one. Now I own one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It was like 2006 for me, I was looking for a better bike to buy, a lady I worked with Son had a 2000 V92SC for sale. I set on it and loved it, but they would not come down far enough on price. SO I bout a 2002 Yamaha VStar 1100. Still have it, but was able to practically steal a 99 V92C. I love it, I love the looks of it, and really love the look of V92TC. I will own more Victory's when i can afford them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
me and my brother use to watch 2 wheel tuesday and american thunder and i know they had commercials for vic then, but i didnt pay much attention except maybe saying they look cool but "ill never own a street motorcycle"

first one i saw in person was after i had started researching them alittle over a year ago, i was at the autoparts store on my vulcan and there was a guy on a vegas, i remember thinking how cool it looked and asked if i could sit on it, he let me and thats when i was set on getting one. i had sold the vulcan and bought the hammer alittle over a month later.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The first time I saw a Victory was when I was out looking to get back into riding MC so was looking for a new bike. I was at a dealer that had both Victory and Suzuki. Another customer at the dealer tried steering me toward Victory but I had my mind made up about a couple of things I wanted in a bike and the Victory's didn't have them and they were also way out of my budget. I got to telling my Dad about getting back into MC-ing and he got very interested, said he had been thinking about it again since after having carpal tunnel surgery in his wrists that he thought he could ride again which he hadn't been able to do for several years. He told me that he had been watching what Victory was doing and went with me to the dealer. He bought an '04 Kingpin that day and I bought a Suzuki. I started to notice a lot of the 'little' things about his bike that Victory did well compaired to my Zuk. After having that Zuk for a year I found it was the most uncomfortable bike I'd ever been on. 20 mile rides would kill me. A job change for the better allowed me to go back and look at my options again. A Vegas called my name that day so I took it out for a test ride and half way through the ride I decided that if they were good withthe numbers, this bike is going home with me. And it did. Never looked back from Victory since.

0621091640a.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I saw the TV show that featured Arlen's work with Victory on the upcoming (at that time) Vision and thought..."Now, THERE is something different and worthy of consideration". Told a friend of mine about the show and he bought a non-Ness version a few weeks later. I then found a new Ness '09 at Coastal Victory and tried to make a deal happen. The guys were great but the wife was not willing to even consider me owning a bike at that time so had to let the deal go. It took another 2 years before she "understood" that I WAS going to buy a bike with or without her...LOL

After doubling my life insurance policy, taking the MSF course and a number of other things, I went right back to Coastal and told them what I was looking for. They found one and we worked out a deal. Been a happy Ness owner now for about 14 months.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Last year a friend told me about Vic and I looked at pics and told him they were uly and I was set on a Harley until we stopped in at a dealer on one of our rides as soon as I walked in I saw a highball and instantly fell in love bought one as soon as I saved up the money this yr and don't regret it at all!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very similar with me, Cappel802. I didnt pay much attention to victory's before. I liked the look of the hammer but the price seemed a bit steep to me for a bike maker that didnt have much rep in the market. My uncle gave me a copy of cruiser magazine from last year that had a highball review and I was on the hook. I reread it... did my research on victorys. Looked at the comparisons with the HD crossbones... and knew the highball was the bike for me. Lusted after it for the last six months... then it seems like before I knew it, I was on one and it felt like I owned it forever.

Drew quite the crowd this week when i brought it to work. The HD guys and ladies liked it and seemed to know about Victorys growth in the market. That kind of caught me off gaurd.

·
Registered
33 Posts
frist victory i saw was at a dealer meeting for atv's in minneapolis told the wife than i hoped i own one, that was three vic's ago and haven't looked back:D

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I was looking at big tire bikes and narrowed it down to a Rocker C or a M109R. A buddy texted me a Victory picture of a Hammer and Jackpot that he found on the internet. After that, the search was on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts