Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may remember my fairing removal video where I made some hooks out of hardwood to remove the headlight bezel.
Today I decided to make version 2.0 out of plastic.
Click here to watch my video.
I enjoy custom fabricating whatever I need to do a specific job.
I hope you enjoy it too.
Thanks for watching.
Paul Pomerleau

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Very well done, as usual Paul. Don't have a plastics supply store in your town? I get my material for my laydown license bracket and my Bellowz Buddy (holds back those damn bellows on big city fuel nozzles) from a local plastics supplier. I attached a link. However, you came up with an interesting method for making flat stock out of tubing. Very resourceful. Tap Plastics has a bin with scrap pieces, large and not so large, they sell by the pound for a pittance.
https://www.tapplastics.com/

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I love your resourcefulness Paul. Another great day in your shop!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well done Paul

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Well done Paul! I really enjoy your DIY videos. I hope you get a nice return on them from YouTube too.

I guess I missed the part about needing something to pull off the bezel on my XC because from day one I've just pulled them off from the top with my fingernails. Mine could be looser than others have though and that's why I got away with it.

There are also plastic tools used in upholstery work to pull pieces and parts off on the interior of cars that I really recommend everyone get a set of. They aren't expensive and they are amazingly strong but don't harm paint or plastic if used correctly.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Panel-Removal-Tool-pcs-Upholstery/dp/B00LUPOSD4"]Panel Removal Tools[/ame]

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Good tip Bbob. Harbor Freight has the same set. Been using one for years.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
As always, great video Paul.

Have you ever checked out the garage journal dot com? You will love it.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Great video Paul. Especially the part where you made your own flat stock from pipe. That was awesome.
I'll be using that trick.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been using a vinyl siding tool thats been sitting in my tool box for years. I like Paul's version better because the plastic shouldn't damage the finish on anything like the metal end of the siding tool could.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts