Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked by a viewer to take various measurements on my MadStad windshield so others who are interested in this type of system can make an informed decision on the height and style that they need for their bike.

Click here to see my video.

Thank you
Paul Pomerleau

·
13,262 Posts
Great job Paul

Reactions: Pauljp

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm a fan. thumb up Great video!

I have a Madstad but the screen doesn't have the bottom cut out like yours. It's the same height.
I get some buffeting. Nothing major. I wasn't really aware of it at first, but I have had an issue with my eyes drying out on longer trips which I think is caused by the turbulent air that seems to happen right in front of my glasses.
I am shorter than you and I keep the windshield lower than you probably do.
I'm thinking the solution might be to cut out the bottom of my windshield like yours is to allow more filler air to flow behind the shield.
You haven't by chance run the other style without the cut out have you? I was wondering if you had noticed if one was more effective at calming the air than the other? Or heard that it having the notch in it would make the air behind the windshield any calmer?

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm a fan. thumb up Great video!

I have a Madstad but the screen doesn't have the bottom cut out like yours. It's the same height.
I get some buffeting. Nothing major. I wasn't really aware of it at first, but I have had an issue with my eyes drying out on longer trips which I think is caused by the turbulent air that seems to happen right in front of my glasses.
I am shorter than you and I keep the windshield lower than you probably do.
I'm thinking the solution might be to cut out the bottom of my windshield like yours is to allow more filler air to flow behind the shield.
You haven't by chance run the other style without the cut out have you? I was wondering if you had noticed if one was more effective at calming the air than the other? Or heard that it having the notch in it would make the air behind the windshield any calmer?
Besides stock, this is the only other windshield that I have put on my bike and the cutout has always been there.
I can't say for sure if you add a cutout if it would be better for your eyes. But the theory says that it should.
90% of the time mine is at the lowest and farthest back position for maximum air, unless it is cold or raining then I raise it up.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I was asked by a viewer to take various measurements on my MadStad windshield so others who are interested in this type of system can make an informed decision on the height and style that they need for their bike.

Thank you
Paul Pomerleau
Excellent (as always)!

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
I don't have a Madstad setup (yet) Paul, but WHOA!!! what was that turntable at 34 seconds into your video? THAT THING ROCKS!!! I am going to search your posts and see if I can find where you mentioned it in the past. Me likey!

·
13,262 Posts
Paul knocks it out of the park once more thumb upthumb upthumb up

Reactions: broggyr and Pauljp

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys on this website are just too nice.

You should hear all the negative comments I get about my turntable video on a certain motorcycle FaceBook page.
About every 3 months or so my viewership skyrockets because the site posts my video on it.

Then I get about a hundred naysayers commenting on on such things as:
"You are a pu$$y for having that".
"If you can't push your bike backwards then you should not be riding".
"Look at the small bike and helmet he is wearing... he must be from a 3rd world country overseas. He would never survive here".
Some even commented "You don't even have a real mans garage".

I was getting so many messages from people saying "Just push it in", that I finally had to add the text paragraph to the beginning of my video explaining why I made the turntable.

This is why I come to this site often. Everyone here is just so nice.
I just want to thank everyone here for the support that they have shown me since I joined 2 years ago.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Besides stock, this is the only other windshield that I have put on my bike and the cutout has always been there.
I can't say for sure if you add a cutout if it would be better for your eyes. But the theory says that it should.
90% of the time mine is at the lowest and farthest back position for maximum air, unless it is cold or raining then I raise it up.
Thanks Paul. That is what I am thinking too. I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts

You should hear all the negative comments I get about my turntable video on a certain motorcycle FaceBook page.
About every 3 months or so my viewership skyrockets because the site posts my video on it.

"Look at the small bike and helmet he is wearing... he must be from a 3rd world country overseas. He would never survive here".

I was getting so many messages from people saying "Just push it in", that I finally had to add the text paragraph to the beginning of my video explaining why I made the turntable.

I just want to thank everyone here for the support that they have shown me since I joined 2 years ago.
Thank you.
I've got to say it too. That turntable rocks. I'm going to figure out a place to put one someday.

I wouldn't take those critics too seriously though. They have no idea what is involved. They don't get it. Not saying they never will. Just that they don't get it yet.

I love seeing the stuff you have built. It's always cool.
Your videos are great and I use them as references all the time.
Thanks for that.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

Thank you.
"You have to ignore much of what you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln.

And whatever happened to "walk a mile in my shoes" before casting aspersions (on your garage size, your ability to ride, etc.)?

When I bought my scooter (Burgman 650) in 2007, my longtime riding buddy, Ken, said -- okay, largely in jest -- "When we stop for lunches, I don't know you," my now being on a girly bike, scooter trash, and so forth. Anyway, 2007 rolled on, and we often switched bikes for long stretches on the Taconic Pkwy and other day-trip areas.

Comes 2008, and he bought one, too, saying "These are just too much fun." And he still has it (although he also bought a 2012 RT). And in the five years I had mine, I did four 800+ mile days, topped 100mph (per GPS) many times, and so on. Gotta please yourself, as Ricky Nelson sang.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Way too many people are trying to out-wit each other in the comments, and they get off on how much they can roil someone up. But, watch what happens when someone does it to them, they can't take it. Comments sections are not troll bait, and people who judge from afar seriously have no clue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts