Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need more room under my bike while making videos for the camera and lighting equipment.
Some way to have the bike off the ground while having no jacks under it.
Today I made these wheel stands from basic lumber that I think will make my life a bit easier.
They were quick to build and very inexpensive.

Click here to watch my video.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Another great video Paul! My only suggestion would be to add some rubber strips under the boxes, especially the one for the kickstand. Reason I say that is my garage has the floor finish on it to keep oil and other stuff from staining the concrete. The downside to the finish is that it can be kind of slippery and wood easily moves on it. I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel so since I have my tools out of the shed I may have to make some of those myself.

Reactions: Pauljp

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Paul, you are way more talented and clever than any one man should be, but we here are grateful you are. Thanks again for another excellent video about a clever idea.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Excellent idea and great video

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Yeah , I thought it was gonna be a video of Victorys doing wheelstands but..:nerd

Reactions: Pauljp and broggyr

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Another class act and great idea. Well done.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
As usual Paul...great video. Now do a video about LIFE. You always explain so well.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Another great idea! Thanks for sharing thumb up thumb up

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good idea Paul - or for those like me with little wood building skills. The Condor - ride into and get off Chock.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Hey Paul...I do my own oil changes and I love your idea of the wheel stands. But I do all my oil changes without the aid of a lift (cause mine never got returned 10 years ago). Anyway, I'd love to make a set of these wheel stands, but I ain't got no way to get Ol' Vic up on the blocks.

Also...not to hijack the thread...but I noticed you had a darkside tire on the bike. How do you like?

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also...not to hijack the thread...but I noticed you had a darkside tire on the bike. How do you like?
For the style of riding that I do... quiet and relaxing, it works great. I find it so smooth and sure-footed.
It currently has 27,000 kms (17,000 miles) on it.
It's interesting, I thought this video would bring out nasty comments on YouTube about my car tire, but nothing. You are the first person to even mention it.
Goes to show that when you are expecting one thing, something else entirely different happens. Interesting.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Drat it all...you didn't feel the pins I stuck in your voo-doo doll, Paul? :)

·
13,263 Posts
Amazing How you think up your projects. I wonder what else you have done that we know nothing about.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I thought this video would bring out nasty comments on YouTube about my car tire, but nothing.
You have by far the most detailed and informative YouTube channel for Victory Cross bike owners. We all noticed the dark side tire, but fear the repercussions of calling you out on it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
You have by far the most detailed and informative YouTube channel for Victory Cross bike owners.
Agreed. I am subscribed to Paul’s channel and watched 3 of his older videos yesterday after I used my similar jack for the first time. Very handy to see exactly where Paul places it on the vid. The wood chock idea will be copied here for sure.
It’s very handy he has same bike as me. On ya Paulie

·
Registered
325 Posts
For the style of riding that I do... quiet and relaxing, it works great. I find it so smooth and sure-footed.
It currently has 27,000 kms (17,000 miles) on it.
It's interesting, I thought this video would bring out nasty comments on YouTube about my car tire, but nothing. You are the first person to even mention it.
Goes to show that when you are expecting one thing, something else entirely different happens. Interesting.
Paul, About the dark side. *Could in the event of an accident the insurance company deny any liability/coverage from you using a car tire on a motorcycle? Just wondering about that since insurance companies are always looking for reasons not to comply.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts