Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Victory Beacon LED chrome headlight last fall.
It is still cold in my garage but I couldn't wait any longer and I finally uncovered my baby and gave her a new light.

You can watch my video here.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought the Victory Beacon LED chrome headlight last fall.
It is still cold in my garage but I couldn't wait any longer and I finally uncovered my baby and gave her a new light.

You can watch my video here.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
The video is very well done. I have the LED head light arriving next week. I was surprised in the video of the apparent heat sinks or fins on the LED assembly on the back of the lamp.

I thought LED's didn't emit heat?

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The video is very well done. I have the LED head light arriving next week. I was surprised in the video of the apparent heat sinks or fins on the LED assembly on the back of the lamp.

It is more for the circuit boards inside.
It does seem excessive for what it is though.
Just like their bikes, built bullet proof thumb up

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

LEDs do create heat, especially the more powerful ones used in headlights. That's why they need the heat sink on the back of them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
LEDs do create heat, especially the more powerful ones used in headlights. That's why they need the heat sink on the back of them.
:I agree: Much like HID bulbs, LED's still create heat, they just create less of it per watt of consumption which means a greater percentage of the power used is converted into light. The problem is that LED's are MUCH more sensitive to heat than halogens or HID's. Anything will burn out if you get it too hot but LED's have less tolerance for excess heat so they burn out easier if you overheat them. In addition, the heat they generate is typically localized to their connections so even though less heat is produced, it can be very localized resulting in much higher actual temperatures even though there is less heat energy in total.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
So I've been waiting for the black LED. I went by the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had the chrome in stock and of course the salesman tried to tell me there was little to no difference between the black and the chrome. Has anyone seen both of these next to each other? I have a white/black XC so I would like things to match up... especially when forking over $400.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
The chrome one will not look good on your XC... Chrome light with black headlight trim?
That's what I thought but the SALESman said that the only part that is black is a the outer plastic lens part that is covered by the headlight bezel anyway.
Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
399 Posts
You need the black on a black bike. The back of the reflector is black chrome not just chrome. Still super bright but looks great during the day.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Excellent work. It's kinda hard to tell the difference when you're going from one web page to the other.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Another great video Paul.:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Another great video Paul.:)
Yup!
His video made me have all the confidence I needed to install the Lloyd's Timing wheel!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts