Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very short video on how to adjust the height of the passenger floorboards.

I know it is easy, but at the very least you will know the bolt size and torque specs for it.

Click here to watch it.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks Paul, my wife has been after to change out the passenger pegs to floor boards, but I prefer to blow my money on other do-dads

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
1) I suppose it will be obvious to anyone when actually doing this, but just to be clear: in addition to changing the height, those elongated slots provide intentional angle adjustment, too. That is, you can also change the fore-and-aft tilt position of those boards, through a few degrees.

2) And while you're messing in there, you might want to check on the circlip that holds the bolt in place; see green arrow on the attached pic. The first year on my XCT, one circlip fell off, and the bolt almost worked itself completely out. I put a new one on, slathered it (and the other one) in permanent thread locker, and it's been fine. I've read that a few folks have drilled through the bolt, and then inserted a cotter pin.

3) On a related note, anyone else have trouble with those boards, in terms of unfolding out? I think there's an internal ball-detent that keeps them folded, and every few months I have a lot of trouble unfolding them, i.e., putting them down for passenger use. I then have to choose some spray lubricant, spray it in the hinge area (to the left of the arrow in the picture), work the hinge, and then I can unfold them again ... for another few months. I've never read anything about this, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
that was a required option when i bought my cr. wife hated the pegs
on the demo ride. we have never had trouble with the pivot
on ours. well worth the money. paulie at honda east can probly
save you some money on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts