Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had many people ask me if I can make a video showing how I remove the rear wheel on my Cross Country Tour.
I was a little hesitant at first because I ride with a car tire on the back and I didn't want to start any wars, but many viewers have been wanting this so here it is.
Click here to watch the video.
I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think.
Thanks
Paul

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Another winner!

·
13,185 Posts
Great job Paul.
Only complaint is pulling the treaded part of the axle thru the wheel. I would be scared of nicking or dinging one of the threads.
Its too bad the vic engineers attached the brake line to the caliper the way they did.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
@Pauljp, you did it again: clear, concise, and well-shot and well-edited. Superb.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Pauljp, you did it again: clear, concise, and well-shot and well-edited. Superb.
Thanks Bill, lots of camera and lighting setups for a bunch of 2 second shots on this video. Especially for the part of putting it back together. I think this is the most clips I've had to do for a single video.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Thanks Bill, lots of camera and lighting setups for a bunch of 2 second shots on this video. Especially for the part of putting it back together. I think this is the most clips I've had to do for a single video.
Take pleasure in that I'm sure it's a great benefit to the community. If I still owned an XCT, I'd be mighty tempted to buy a scissor jack and remove the wheel myself -- something I've never done on any bike -- prior to tire changes.

You going to do a front-wheel video (or did you already do it, and I missed it)?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Heya Paul, good work. Did you remove both the shock and the linkage bolts? Last time I changed my tire (September) I removed the shock bolt only and I didn't have enough clearance to get the axle out (I ended up taking the pipes off again).

[EDIT] It appears that is the case. I'll have to try this next time.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heya Paul, good work. Did you remove both the shock and the linkage bolts?
[EDIT] It appears that is the case. I'll have to try this next time.
Yes I did. I figure I'm already on the ground, I may as well remove both of them, and as you mentioned, removing one won't quite give you enough room.
Thanks for watching.
Paul

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Even this ol' spanner (wrench) spinner picked up some new tips from Paul's video. Not having those wood blocks Paul uses, I use a bike lift to elevate the entire bike and a scissors jack under the rear wheel to un-weight it for bolt removal and then lowering the wheel to pull it out from under the bike. As Pretty Wife says when I'm helping in the yard and make a comment about the way she's going about it..."There's more than one way to garden."
Thanks for taking the time and great effort to make that video Paul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts