Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kick stand pad was worn out in less than 2 years.
I decided to make my own.
Click here to watch my video.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
471 Posts
excellent Paul, didn't think of a hockey puck, good idea

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
That's AWESOME!!!! :clap:

One quick question though....I'm NOT in Canada...hey?

Here in Arizona, in the middle of the Sonoran Desert, where the only ice is in the beer cooler or my glass of Bourbon, where the hell am I going to get a hockey puck? I can't imagine there's a lot of call for a hockey puck. (edit, guess there is, who knew?) Did you see the Coyotes record? We have an NHL team in name only :devil :grin

Quick search..found some...there's a Hockey store over by Arrowhead Mall that's not to far from my house...1.99 in stock...Anybody in Phoenix need half a hockey puck! I'll split it with you! :ltr: I'll even cut and drill it.
Heck, I might buy a couple....called the store and asked if they had pucks in stock he asked how many I wanted...I told him 1..he said 1?? that's it??? I told him I don't play hockey I needed to bolt it to the sidestand of my Motorcycle. He told me that's a new one. :nerd:grin

I'll head over next week. Another edit...I can buy 8 for 10 bucks ...who needs a hockey puck! :)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Deleted stuff
......who needs a hockey puck! :)
I need a hockey puck .... ha ha ha

Glorious video again ... yeah these stock and aftermarket rubbers are &%£@&#:-(

Like I said before, I bought 3 replacement plus the stock and I just installed the last one , my bike is ALWAYS on the lift, so to say the least the flubber Vic uses is just not cutting it ... I'll use some other rubber ....

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I need a hockey puck .... ha ha ha

Glorious video again ... yeah these stock and aftermarket rubbers are &%£@&#:-(

Like I said before, I bought 3 replacement plus the stock and I just installed the last one , my bike is ALWAYS on the lift, so to say the least the flubber Vic uses is just not cutting it ... I'll use some other rubber ....

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
Wonder what it'd cost to mail a hockey puck to you?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
USPS ha ha ... maybe 10 / 15 $

That should cost the same buying it in Singapore.... ha ha, but taxies & ferry ticket should add another 100 $ to the price .... grrrr

Paul: you are supposed to be nominated for the "GOLDEN HOG AWARD"

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
That's AWESOME!!!! :clap:

One quick question though....I'm NOT in Canada...hey?

Here in Arizona, in the middle of the Sonoran Desert, where the only ice is in the beer cooler or my glass of Bourbon, where the hell am I going to get a hockey puck? I can't imagine there's a lot of call for a hockey puck. (edit, guess there is, who knew?) Did you see the Coyotes record? We have an NHL team in name only :devil :grin

Quick search..found some...there's a Hockey store over by Arrowhead Mall that's not to far from my house...1.99 in stock...Anybody in Phoenix need half a hockey puck! I'll split it with you! :ltr: I'll even cut and drill it.
Heck, I might buy a couple....called the store and asked if they had pucks in stock he asked how many I wanted...I told him 1..he said 1?? that's it??? I told him I don't play hockey I needed to bolt it to the sidestand of my Motorcycle. He told me that's a new one. :nerd:grin

I'll head over next week. Another edit...I can buy 8 for 10 bucks ...who needs a hockey puck! :)
What the puck is a hockey puck anyway?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I always thought a hockey puck had foam inside, or something else, to save weight, .... when I was younger, then I stole a puck and cut it in half, it was solid ha ha ha, wish I still have that puck now ??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Crushed flat beer cans work

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
My kick stand pad was worn out in less than 2 years.
I decided to make my own.
Click here to watch my video.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Paul
Great idea Paul. Even though I replaced mine already, I am assuming it too will wear out so I am going to make the Vic Paul Puck!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Great vid

Beauty Eh!:wink

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Great Vid. Know i know what to do with all of my old hockey pucks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I followed Paul's video, unfortunately I'm not as much of a craftsman as he. My Puck replacement tore between the bolts. I made another using only 1 bolt to allow for pivoting on hills/turning bars and it has held up so far

1 - 20 of 26 Posts