Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Video - Replace Kick Stand Pad

8K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  BP6666VR 
#1 ·
My kick stand pad was worn out in less than 2 years.
I decided to make my own.
Click here to watch my video.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Paul

#2 ·
excellent Paul, didn't think of a hockey puck, good idea

Reactions: Pauljp
#3 · (Edited)
That's AWESOME!!!! :clap:

One quick question though....I'm NOT in Canada...hey?

Here in Arizona, in the middle of the Sonoran Desert, where the only ice is in the beer cooler or my glass of Bourbon, where the hell am I going to get a hockey puck? I can't imagine there's a lot of call for a hockey puck. (edit, guess there is, who knew?) Did you see the Coyotes record? We have an NHL team in name only :devil :grin

Quick search..found some...there's a Hockey store over by Arrowhead Mall that's not to far from my house...1.99 in stock...Anybody in Phoenix need half a hockey puck! I'll split it with you! :ltr: I'll even cut and drill it.
Heck, I might buy a couple....called the store and asked if they had pucks in stock he asked how many I wanted...I told him 1..he said 1?? that's it??? I told him I don't play hockey I needed to bolt it to the sidestand of my Motorcycle. He told me that's a new one. :nerd:grin

I'll head over next week. Another edit...I can buy 8 for 10 bucks ...who needs a hockey puck! :)

#5 ·
Deleted stuff
......who needs a hockey puck! :)
I need a hockey puck .... ha ha ha

Glorious video again ... yeah these stock and aftermarket rubbers are &%£@&#:-(

Like I said before, I bought 3 replacement plus the stock and I just installed the last one , my bike is ALWAYS on the lift, so to say the least the flubber Vic uses is just not cutting it ... I'll use some other rubber ....

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

#7 ·
USPS ha ha ... maybe 10 / 15 $

That should cost the same buying it in Singapore.... ha ha, but taxies & ferry ticket should add another 100 $ to the price .... grrrr

Paul: you are supposed to be nominated for the "GOLDEN HOG AWARD"

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

#11 ·
I always thought a hockey puck had foam inside, or something else, to save weight, .... when I was younger, then I stole a puck and cut it in half, it was solid ha ha ha, wish I still have that puck now ??

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

#13 ·
Great idea Paul. Even though I replaced mine already, I am assuming it too will wear out so I am going to make the Vic Paul Puck!

#15 ·
Great vid

Beauty Eh!:wink

Reactions: DaveT
#20 ·
I followed Paul's video, unfortunately I'm not as much of a craftsman as he. My Puck replacement tore between the bolts. I made another using only 1 bolt to allow for pivoting on hills/turning bars and it has held up so far

#21 ·
Hi guys, i made my own Hockey Puck side stand, and it looks GREAT, but i live in a hot country so i have to buy the pucks from China and are a bit expensive, anyway after 3 weeks the rubber start tearing .... Can you guys share how your hockey puck looks like after a while use ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#23 ·
I saw a picture of a guy cut a truck tire .... The 2 bolt went inside the tire thread if you position it nice, then 5 mm outside de metal kickstand so it does not klunk the bike when "up" .... The best rubber would be vulcanized with reinforcements of some kind

Yes the steel frame just lean Tooooo much, it is not necessary, good point you made there ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#24 · (Edited)
How long did your pucks last?

I'm also in the process of making a couple however I'm using real pucks. Made in Canada. We'll see if they hold up. I bought the cheapy's for 99¢ but there are some heavier (denser) practice pucks as well as official ones for just under $3.

Also thought about just welding on a piece of steel bar on the bottom but I haven't taken a close look at that to see if there would be any problems with clearance or smacking the frame.

You know those long strips of retread rubber that fly off of semi's and lay on the side of the road? I wonder how pieces of those would work. Sandals lasted forever in the 70's.

Hell, a light bulb just went on. I work for a Bobcat dealer. Lots of used tires and tracks just waiting to go to the dump and those things are f'n hard. Hmmmm.

PS. while looking for some info a couple of weeks ago I found some info and followed up. Paul says he's still making those things for a few friends who don't like to tinker and make their own.

#26 ·
The picture i took the puck is only 2 months old, i paid 5 U$D for 1 puck, grrrrrrr i just bought 3 more to make for my vic friends ....

I hope your puck holds up, if not buy the dence one .... Yes maybe thick tires will be the way forward ...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

#25 ·
Here's what I use. It works great.

Lop off one part to make the D shape. drill and counter bore for the bolts. the counter bores go on the bottom. Use two nuts or nylock nuts. If they stick up a bit it is not a problem. The flat side is forward.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.