Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well...I'm completely underwhelmed, same as I was at its launch. :frown
and what's with Vic giving not giving the reviewers stock bikes..? They must really be a let down in stock trim.....

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Maybe they even put a PCV and filters on the test bikes .... Haaaaa good going Vicky ....

NICE bike though ... Good review also

Sent from my A51w using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's likely they discussed this with the test rider and considering his weight (275 lbs) agreed that the upgraded shocks were better suited to his physique. The Cycle World tester took the time to sample both so I assume it was as simple as asking someone to trade rides for a while.

Stop looking for conspiracies where there aren't any.......

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
It's likely they discussed this with the test rider and considering his weight (275 lbs) agreed that the upgraded shocks were better suited to his physique. The Cycle World tester took the time to sample both so I assume it was as simple as asking someone to trade rides for a while.

I thought it was very observing and objective of pAiN .... No political constipation ehh contraptions ehhh conspiracy as far as I read ??

Sent from my A51w using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

The add-ons that were mentioned in the review (tach, rear shocks and stage 1 exhaust) would cost a buyer at least $2000 extra putting the Octane at $12,500. None of it addresses the crap front suspension, weak breaks or lack of hp to weight. BTW: it was all done out in the open, I noticed all three of the add-ons before they were even mentioned, nothing was hidden so sorry but this doesn't qualify in my book as a conspiracy.
All I can say about the Octane is.....give me a base BMW R1200R any day over that thing.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
does the Octane not come with progressive fork springs and shocks to differentiate it from the Scout?
No. They're built to a price.
Extras cost more.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
does the Octane not come with progressive fork springs and shocks to differentiate it from the Scout?
I rode an Octane last year with the optional piggy-back shocks(stage1 engine also), they were some serious business. It was in a group ride so I couldn't push it much but it could feel the sportiness of the suspension....that little bike was a blast to ride :D
As I was writing this I remembered I had a pic of the bike:

btw: I read back in this thread and it was made right after the launch of Octane when most of us were very disappointed as to what was released. After riding the Octane I came around to it a bit more and did like it for what it is. That said, I, like most of us, would have liked Octane to have been more a "true sport bike", closer to the Project 156 it came from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts