Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people were asking me how to remove the boot from the spark plug.
I made a short video showing how I do it.
Click here to watch it.
Hope you enjoy it.

·
13,002 Posts
Paul great job. Don't you want the pliers the other way so when you push down on handle the boot will be going up.
Either way great job you have saved someone money thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I smeared a very thin layer of dielectric grease on the inside of the boot and it pulls of easily now.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul great job. Don't you want the pliers the other way so when you push down on handle the boot will be going up.
Either way great job you have saved someone money thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up
You are correct VJ. You could turn the pliers around and use the bend on the nose as a pivot point, and it actually works easier as there is less force required.
I find that I can't do it that way for the front boot as the lower fairing is in the way.
So I just do it the same way for both boots.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Couldn't find one at Dollar Tree?:wink

Probably, but during my 157 mile ride to nowhere today, you know because it was 77 degrees and I didn't have to work, I happened along a Harbor Freight. Needing a new tool box, I stopped in to look and ran across this new tool I didn't know I needed until SOMEONE had to make a damn video... ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Another great video Paul!

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Love looking at your Videos Paul .... Good job, and yes i also put diesel electric in the "boot" of the plug coz i could NOT get the stockwires of my bike grrrrr

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Nice tip PJ! I did the same thing but I used duckbill pliers. I also used dielectric grease on the inside.

I really do wish there was an inexpensive way to replace the plug wires. The end of the plug wire that goes into the coil pack is not common.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agree, another great video Paul! appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm changing the oil at 15k miles, so less than 800 to go and during that maintenance I'm changing the plugs and plug wires. This video makes me want to burn those 800 up real quick where I can get it done!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm changing the oil at 15k miles, so less than 800 to go and during that maintenance I'm changing the plugs and plug wires. This video makes me want to burn those 800 up real quick where I can get it done
How much are the wires costing you? I got a price the other day for about $59 ea. thought that was a little pricey but then again I've never bought them before.

·
13,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts