1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I always wanted to make a couple of videos, but don't have a half decent camera. All I got is a slide show set to Rainbows Street of Dreams.

https://youtu.be/monIPIj3hHs

·
Registered
151 Posts
Haven't made any in years, but here's a couple of slide shows.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Watching others' lengthy videos is like being stuck in a relative's living room watching home movies. Half-Crazy has some interesting vids - mainly interesting because many are under one minute.
If you really want hold an audience's attention, takes should not exceed 5 seconds unless there is a good and exciting reason for a longer one.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
@broggyr Thanks much for the channel plug... :grin
I've made over 200 vids so far .. My favorites on the Victory are my Tail of the Dragon run: https://youtu.be/20Z8HNz1ycA
and a rip I made down the Warwoman Rd: https://youtu.be/gPTodFriiSE (give this one about 2mins to get going)

@rojo154 I've been tossing around the idea of selling my GoPro Hero4 Black set up. Hit me up if you're interested.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I barely have time to ride, much less worry about taking a video of something I will never watch again.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I barely have time to ride, much less worry about taking a video of something I will never watch again.
:frown :crying

·
Registered
255 Posts
A lot of times when I'm riding I think this is beautiful, I should stop and take a photo. But the problem is I'm usually having so much fun riding that I don't want to stop long enough to take the damn photo.....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree that videos should be intresting and short, I try to keep my videos 15min or less. I do have a couple that are long and I need to be careful with that. As I make more I get better at catching just the cool or scenic stuff.

Keep the videos coming, enjoying seeing them!

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
PiaN did have good reason to do a long take with the Dragon one. And I think videos taken with a helmet mount are way more interesting than bike mounted. For one thing, the viewer gets to see what the rider is looking at.
But I do have to agree with those who are having too much fun riding and won't be looking at the videos anyway. I have 8mm from 1960 on until I got video cameras and I never look the results.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I'll tell you all something about video content creating and "motovloging" in general. What drew me into this stuff was the community around it, there's something about video made through our love of motorcycling that gets us closer to the persons involved in it. Over the year and a half I've been at this I've made many new relationships and have rode with lots of new friends. I recently go back from a "Motovloger Meet Up" that happened in West Virginia. There was total of 30 of us that converged on Fayettville... We rode, ate and partied together over weekend and even though most of us had never met, it was like we were old friends. With the people I had met prior it was like a grand reunion seeing each other again...We were all comfortable, it was good bonding and vibs(I heard the bourbon I brought helped a bit... lol ).
So there's more to it than just making and watching videos, it's communication, knowledge\ideas sharing and community building...Oh, its not all that serious ether...there's a **** ton of fun, ball busting, sarcasm and goofing around....Most of the content is us enjoying life around out bikes thumb up

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Just like any group with a common interest/passion. Such as a certain brand of motorcycle. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
https://youtu.be/PIawp0t1_h4
Come join me on a ride through some of the most amazing countryside in Alberta, Highway 40 Kananaskis country.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Magnificent country. Thanks for that Tony. Been there and want to go back for more.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, I've got a second video of my ride through the badlands area including Drumheller Alberta hopefully uploaded by Sunday. If you haven't seen that area it's a very unique area.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One of the best trips I have taken on a motorcycle, 9 guys on bikes travelling from Alberta down through Glacier National park (going to the sun road) and through some of the best twisty roads and tunnels in the west as we travel down to Colorado and then back a different way over 9 days and putting over 6000km (3730mi)
https://youtu.be/MYweGoXezAQ

It's long (just over an hour) but there was no way to shorten 9 days into anything less. Plus the going to the sun road is spectacular! Just skip what you don't want to see.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts