Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I recently replaced my stereo in my 2012 Jeep Patriot from the stock radio to something more modern. I wanted the big led touch screen. The unit I bought came with blu-tooth. Now I really did not care at the time about blu-tooth but something’s came together for me on my install and I think should be considered for the guys with this issue on the 8 ball. Of course this all depends on what you want.

I also have a 2007 Chevy Silverado with XM satellite. If you have a smart phone with unlimited data (I do) you can add internet radio to your XM account for $1.88 per month. After that you can listen to the internet radio on your phone (better connect to charger) as you drive via blu-tooth. I can minimize my XM radio on my phone and it will play in the background. I can also have my Droid navigator open and it will interrupt the music for turn by turn driving instructions. This could be helpful on a MC………….

If you buy a blu-tooth ear piece or spend the money on a nice helmet you could listen to all this in your helmet or just through the MC radio if you want the stereo speakers sound. Really though, you don’t even need the radio if blu-tooth is good enough for you. Just depends on what you want.

If it was me and I did not have a stereo on my VV, I would opt for the Blu-tooth in the helmet or ear piece.

Anyhow, just a thought. I have seen some really nice install jobs done by forum members adding a radio to the 8-ball. Congrats on the 8-ball by the way. They are beautiful machines.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts