Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of a Vision 8-ball but would like to set up the bike for 2-up touring with a luggage rack and tour bag. What is involved in raising the 8-ball suspension back to the height and travel of the Vision Tour? Are there any other differences in suspension or drive train?

·
13,027 Posts
I don't know why you would have any problem with touring the way the bike is now. Unless you have a really heavy passenger and over load it. The 8 ball is a lowrider bike is all.
There is a guy here called Rollin who has a 8 ball and he loads it down and rides to Alaska quit a bit. The box on the back holds extra gas clothes and medical stuff.
You really should think it over a 8 ball has no radio and its big bucks to get music and harder to resell.
sorry wrong bike

Attachments

·
13,027 Posts
If you want to raise it up you need a shock and a link rod. The coast will be around $500 bucks or more

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, visionjohnny. If it is just the shock and linkage then it won't be too bad if I want to raise it. I just wanted to know what I would be getting into if I decide to pursue this bike. Neither the wife nor I are heavy, but we do a lot of riding 2-up in the mountains. We live on the NC/SC border and can be in the twisties within 20 minutes. Dragging through turns is always a problem. That extra inch of ground clearance may be nice.

Your comments about lack of radio are noted. A radio on a bike has never interested us. But the lower resale is one of the things that makes this bike attractive now.

·
13,027 Posts
if you think you can go without radio shut your radio off in your car for a week and then see what you think

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually . . . driving old Jeep Cherokee . . . no A/C . . . half the speakers don't work . . . windows open . . . too much road noise to hear the radio :wink

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And now for the rest of the story . . .
We looked at the bike and realized that the back seat was extremely uncomfortable for my wife. Her legs hit the saddle bags and her feet barely reached the floorboards. The floorboards would have to raise at least 3" before her legs would be off the saddle bags. And she's not that short! We'll probably look for a good deal on a cross bike instead. Thanks for the input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts