Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2012 Vision. I plugged my Ipod into the 30 pin connector in the side pocket, put the source on AUX. All I get is a static sound.:frown Anyone know what the problem is or what I am doing wrong?
Also does anyone use an adapter that connects to the 30 pin connector to make the connection Blue Tooth. If so what is your experience with this system. Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Have a 2012 Vision. I plugged my Ipod into the 30 pin connector in the side pocket, put the source on AUX. All I get is a static sound.:frown Anyone know what the problem is or what I am doing wrong?
Also does anyone use an adapter that connects to the 30 pin connector to make the connection Blue Tooth. If so what is your experience with this system. Thanks
I use a Coolstream Duo on my 08 for Bluetooth. Works great.

As for the static I think I would pop the center dash out and make sure the plug is connected directly to the stereo.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ipod

Could be the IPOD database just needs to be rebuilt. Happens to me when I add or delete music. There's a FREE program called "Media Monkey" that will help with that. Also, does it come up "AUX" or "(Your IOPD's name) IPOD" when you turn it on? If it comes up "AUX" it could be the IPOD just needs to charge a few seconds then it will change to IPOD. If that doesn't sort it, it could be you need to get an update from the dealer to accommodate the change. My 13 came right up when I added the cable but when I bought the cable the dealer said he's update my system if need be.

No idea on the Bluetooth but Victory has (Had?) a Bluetooth dongle so suspect the 30 pin conversion might not work very well but that is a wild guess.

Good Luck

·
Registered
483 Posts
No idea on the Bluetooth but Victory has (Had?) a Bluetooth dongle so suspect the 30 pin conversion might not work very well but that is a wild guess.
The dongle and 30pin adapters are two different animals. As long as the Bluetooth receiver is good it will work well on the bike. I have a 30 pin on 08 and one plugged into my Aux cable on my 13. Both work great and I use them exclusively to stream Pandora.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts