Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
My name is Jon, and I’ve always had a fondness for the Victory Vision. I’ve worked in the motorcycle industry for years, but could never afford to buy one for myself. I hope to be able to afford one in the future so my fiancé and I can ride together. I’ll be lurking around, reading, using the search function, and asking questions when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Welcome from the opposite corner of the country. Visions are nice, but if you and your sweetie want to go touring, a Cross Country has far larger cases, which she and you will appreciate. Something to think about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. I’ve looked at that bike, and really liked how it looked in it’s full touring configuration, but she really liked how the Vision looked in blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
When I was first interested in Victory, I wanted a Vision. It just looked amazing. The seat was also a bit more comfy. Then, I saw the tiny saddlebags (with HUGE covers) and figured they wouldn't be enough. I ended up going with a Cross Country.

There was a fella or 2 who took the back half of a Cross Country and bolted it to the front of a Vision and it looked AMAZING. Vision looks with Cross Country storage. If Vic was selling that, I would have bought that instead. My last 2 bikes (15 years' worth) were both fixed fairings.

Anyway, got almost 48,000on the XCT now and that's only going to go up :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome Form N Alabama

I've been riding a Vision since 2013. The bags are smaller but the ride and look are incomparable. If you need a but load of storage get a stationwagon (AKA "SUV). If you want a unique bike that handles like a sport bike get a Vision. Wife refused to get a XC A. Because is wasn't as comfortable and 2. Because it looks like all the other "touring bikes" on the road. All the Victories are cool. but IMHO the Vision is the king of cool ;-) LMYR

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the Forum MotoSquirrel.....enjoy the friends and info available here....which ever vic you decide on I'm sure you will fall in love with the ride and performance...

enjoy and ride safe,

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts