Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone who has installed the Vision highway pegs with regards to riders hieght... Im 5' 9" with a 30" inseam (shorty legs) and am really missing my highway pegs from my TC. I have seen pics of one Vision with them and the look good but the rider didnt have his legs on them. So if anyone has feedback about the reach as well as any negatives concerning cornering and dragging any part of them. Thanks

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**Bump** Any feedback from those that might be a bit vertically challenged??? Hate to spend the money then find I can't really reach them... lol... Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have them on mine and I don't have any problem reaching them. I'm 5'10" with 30" inseam so you shouldn't have an issue. I did drag the tip of one of them the other day, having a little to much fun in some curves. But I was going faster than I should have been.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bro, I just couldnt visualize them installed where my boot would be at. Just put them on order... thanks!!!

Safe riddin

Tim

·
Registered
48 Posts
No problem. thumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am 6' and getting shorter with age.
With the boards in the rear position my legs are extended stright out,
when on the pegs. I use them but after a while they get a little
uncomfortable. But what I find is that I use the bracket that holds
the foot peg to be more comfortable to rest my foot on. Sounds funny
but that is a more comfortable position, heel is down and the sole is held up by the bracket. This is most times more comfortable than with
my legs fully extended out on the pegs. But reguardless one way or
another it is a comfortable set up to use. And they look good.

Buster

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I like JB Hatch's toe rests much better. Offers more foot positions, and doesn't force you to throw your legs out so wide. Do a google search and you'll find prolific posts on them on a Vision riders tailored site..... hint hint

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found them Slinger.. I like it and may be more of what I am looking for on the VV. I used my accy coupon for the Vic pegs, hoping they will work but do like the JB Hatch rests. Will see what happens, one thing I learned is sometimes the purchase turns into a resale after trial an error. Thanks for the feedback both of you all... Safe ridin!!!

Tim

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well thought I would follow up with this, finally got to a point to do some of my mods and one of them was installing the Vic highway pegs. I think they are over priced for what your getting and still may pick up a set of JB Hatches pegs in the future but for now they're installed and seem pretty comfortable. As posted above, 30" inseam on a good day at 5'9" keeps my foot on the peg mount itself or full stretch on the whole peg. Going to rack some miles up on it in the next few weeks and I think they will work fine. Here are some pics from top and side. May try to post some with a 10.5 boot on it... lol.. :D

Mounting was a breeze. Pulled the pin on the board so no unbolting, 2 slip clamps to hold mount on bottom of board after easily removing the rubber from the floorboard. Drilled the pilot holes through the mount holes so line up was a cake walk and finished it out with a UniBit purchased from Harbor Freight. Blue LOCTITE on all the bolts and torqued as required. Whole install was about 90 minutes with my neighbor assisting with conversation and an occasional hand.

Again, thanks for the previous feedback!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good Tim, I have used mine a few times and like them much better than the ones I had on my Ultra. Only prob was dealer installed and not adjusted but I took care of that at home.:)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Mike, I have a few miles on them now. Im gonna swap out my pegs from my TC on them and see how that rolls just for grins. Will post some pics when Iget around to it. Weathers looking good in AZ I think.. hehehe Hope you gettin some good riding in!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Road Pegs

Being a shorty - 5'10" geezer, I have to say I don' like the looks of the "normal" pegs. I did install "heel blades" and like the looks. They slide under the boards so that they are out of sight when not using and more important - don't catch my toe on stopping and putting my foot out! Now the problem is: I'm too short to hook my heels into them... 6 footers are good to go.thumb up

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Victory hwy pegs installed

I know this post is a little old, yet I have the hwy pegs installed. Not overly excited about them. They don't stick out forward, rather they stick out to the sides. I am 6-2 and not quite what I was hoping for. I am checking into some pegs that a dealer in Arizona sells that attach to the front tip-over bars. I am thinking this will provide the extra stretch room I am looking for.

Has anyone else put these types of pegs on their Vision? Thanks for the excellent feedback I have been reading...

'08 Vision
Shakopee, MN

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know this post is a little old, yet I have the hwy pegs installed. Not overly excited about them. They don't stick out forward, rather they stick out to the sides. I am 6-2 and not quite what I was hoping for. I am checking into some pegs that a dealer in Arizona sells that attach to the front tip-over bars. I am thinking this will provide the extra stretch room I am looking for.

Has anyone else put these types of pegs on their Vision? Thanks for the excellent feedback I have been reading...

'08 Vision
Shakopee, MN
Here is what I came up with, not that I needed the length but at barely 5'9" they were too far out. I didn't like anything else out there so got against some better advice. Same thoughts, just hung out too wide. So swapped parts around off my TC and this is what I came p with. I sent you a pm also.

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Tim

Here is what I came up with, not that I needed the length but at barely 5'9" they were too far out. I didn't like anything else out there so got against some better advice. Same thoughts, just hung out too wide. So swapped parts around off my TC and this is what I came p with. I sent you a pm also.

Tim
Being a newbee, I am assuming your TC is a 1994?

I appreciate the photos you sent. Does the extension bracket come with the pegs or from your TC? Also, does the extension bracket attach to the hole in the Polaris Hwy peg bracket where the pegs are bolted into?

I appreciate the assistance from the forum. Excellent group!

LovetheRide
'08 Vision
Shakopee, MN

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Being a newbee, I am assuming your TC is a 1994?

I appreciate the photos you sent. Does the extension bracket come with the pegs or from your TC? Also, does the extension bracket attach to the hole in the Polaris Hwy peg bracket where the pegs are bolted into?

I appreciate the assistance from the forum. Excellent group!

LovetheRide
'08 Vision
Shakopee, MN
I know its probally too late on this but just happen to see that I missed your question. The extensions can bought with the pegs, they are notched so adjustable and stable enough to really push on them. They were not stock on the TC (an 04) and the previous owner who was 6'2" had them on as extensions where I just used them for fillers for my short legs.. lol If you need more pics or something PM me. Take care

Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know its probally too late on this but just happen to see that I missed your question. The extensions can bought with the pegs, they are notched so adjustable and stable enough to really push on them. They were not stock on the TC (an 04) and the previous owner who was 6'2" had them on as extensions where I just used them for fillers for my short legs.. lol If you need more pics or something PM me. Take care

Tim

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for your help!
No problem. Have you added pegs yet or still looking. I got to say I really like tis combo better than the OEM. The thatch pegs may have been a good. Choice too but the OEM pegs were what was stock on the TC so kinda restoring her. Back. They fit me good on the TC and I like the different positions these have on the VV. toss up some picks of what you finally go withthumb up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts