Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, probably.

Had my Ipod Classic (they aren't cheap!) for a couple of years. Never any problems. In the last couple of weeks it has spent several long HOT days in the little MP3 box on my new Vision.
Two days ago it announced that it had NO MUSIC and when I plugged it into the Mac and I was informed that it COULD NOT BE FOUND.

Just two days ago I got an IPOd Touch because of its BlueTooth feature.
But, it just dawned on me that I (OK, the Vision & Texas) had fried the electronics on the Classic.

Bummer, can't think of anyway to avoid this other than a long cable and keeping it somewhere that isn't inches above those 1700+ cc's.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
You've gots killer vision! :eek:

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The equipment that will have problems on the Vision is units with a hard drive.

As bBob pointed out it is something to do with the harmonics of the bike.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Do you guys think my Garmin 1490 is susceptible to this failure as well. It's peel and stick mount is on the middle console section.:(
I don't think any GPS uses a hard drive. I think they all use flash memory so it shouldn't be an issue for any Garmin.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Some of the older Garmin units had hard drives. I use to have one that flashed a message in the winter "warming hard drive" please stand by!

I had to replace it after they discontinued map updates, it was really missing a lot of roads etc. According to it I drove across a lot of fields....

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Some of the older Garmin units had hard drives. I use to have one that flashed a message in the winter "warming hard drive" please stand by!

I had to replace it after they discontinued map updates, it was really missing a lot of roads etc. According to it I drove across a lot of fields....
Thanks for the correction. I had no idea they ever used them. Hope this helps the person with the Garmin figure it all out.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Regarding GPS, I had mine mounted on a ram ball direct below the ignition (lower dash) on my wing. I went through 4 units in three years. Now I have no idea if the bike was the casue or not but the unit I use in my cars has lasted with no problems. I had two of the nuvi units and 2 Zumo 450's. I only buy GPS units at places like costco, if it fails there is no issue returning it for a new unit or your money back if need be.

With the Ipod, once I switched to the Nano (flash drive) I never had any more problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts