Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I can't angle my right mirror on my 2011 Vision low enough to see upcoming traffic on that side. The left side is fine, and the right mirror is standing proud of the surround at around the same angles as the left.

Are there any adjustments inside the fairing that can perhaps be made ?....It's a bit dangerous as it is....(I already have the 2" convex mirrors in the corners, but they aren't great.)

Pete

·
13,235 Posts
Mirrors go side to side and not up and down if any.
You can pull them out and see if you can get a movement out of them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mirrors go side to side and not up and down if any.
You can pull them out and see if you can get a movement out of them.
Thanks Johnny....I know what you mean by predominantly side to side, but regardless, they do go slightly up and down (and in my case, not too far down.) I'm 6'7", so if you were say, 6', you'd be looking even further up in the sky :D .......

When you say "pull them out", how exactly do you go about that ?

Pete

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I took mine out and sprayed silicone on the ball in the back and I got more movement out of mine. Well maybe not more, but an easier adjustment out of mine and because of that they would go up and down farther and in and out farther. I think the travel was always there it was so hard to make it move. The silicone spray really helped.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
It sounds to me as if the OP's right mirror tab wasn't in the mounting slot in the fairing. Removing it, and reinserting the tab into the slot may have resolved his issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds to me as if the OP's right mirror tab wasn't in the mounting slot in the fairing. Removing it, and reinserting the tab into the slot may have resolved his issue.
thanks Gunslinger, but incorrect. I tried everything (as did my dealer). Already checked that, many moons ago. I've found a perfect solution with one of the 2.5" rotatable, offset stick on mirrors..

Pete

·
Registered
257 Posts
Handlebar mirrors

I was having trouble seeing what was behind me too. I bought a set of regular handlebar mirrors and solved the problem. I now use the wing mirrors for better side view. Not a cheap fix but it gave me piece of mind being able to see better. cheers

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Guys,

I can't angle my right mirror on my 2011 Vision low enough to see upcoming traffic on that side. The left side is fine, and the right mirror is standing proud of the surround at around the same angles as the left.

Are there any adjustments inside the fairing that can perhaps be made ?....It's a bit dangerous as it is....(I already have the 2" convex mirrors in the corners, but they aren't great.)

Pete
Add some mirrors that work the way they are supposed to... so that the rider can see whats behind and beside.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Howard........ I tried them, but I didn't like the look. As I mentioned in my recent post, the 2.5" rotating stickons in the top inside corner, angled out wide, with the main mirrors angled directly behind work brilliantly for me.....
Pete

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pete, when you say "rotating" do you mean that after they are stuck on the main mirror, the new mirror surfact will rotate. If so, are they angled so as they rotate, the view changes?
Have never seen this type, got a source?

Sounds like the way to go for me rather than another set of new mirrors mounted.
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pete, when you say "rotating" do you mean that after they are stuck on the main mirror, the new mirror surfact will rotate. If so, are they angled so as they rotate, the view changes?
Have never seen this type, got a source?

Sounds like the way to go for me rather than another set of new mirrors mounted.
Thanks
Yep...... you got it exactly, riden. I don't know about sources in Alberta, but I got mine from one of the local auto stores out here in Aus... We have Autobarn, Repco, Supercheapauto out here and they all carry them. They are only a few bucks, so it's a cheap, effective option for me.

I have them stuck inside top corner and angled as far out as I can get them. That way I get a good view from the main mirrors of what's happening directly behind me and the stick-ons let me see vehicles that are in my blind spot alongside me. I hate looking in the mirrors, seeing nothing, preparing to change lanes, doing my head turn and finding there's a car right there in my blind spot. This setup eliminates that for me, and means I go through less sets of underpants :):).

Pete

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the idea Pete. I looked and found these mirrors at O' Riley here in the U.S. Cost less than $ 5.00 for a set of two. I'll be trying them out. . Thanks .

·
13,235 Posts
Just came home after a ride and I'm convinced that the mirrors are for changing lanes there not designed for seeing whats behind you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree. It's the main thing that bugged me about my bike. I put the blind spot mirrors on exactly as Pete described and it worked great. Now I can See what is behind me and traffic in the blind spot is visible until I can see it in my periferal vision. I'm very happy with the results. Thanks for the tip Pete.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree. It's the main thing that bugged me about my bike. I put the blind spot mirrors on exactly as Pete described and it worked great. Now I can See what is behind me and traffic in the blind spot is visible until I can see it in my periferal vision. I'm very happy with the results. Thanks for the tip Pete.
Thanks for the thanks, vcflyer :) :) Good to see its worked for someone else. Trouble is, we're all different shapes and sizes, with different riding habits, so you really don't know what's going to work for you till you try it. That's the big plus of the forums. You will usually find a tip that works for you....
Pete

·
Registered
40 Posts
mirrors

Hi Guys,

Pete
I had the same problem with mine, had it at the dealer one day and told the service man, he removed it and did something to it and it now works fine, but I did not like not being able to see behind me, so I bought some ness mirrors for the handlebars

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Ness's personal Vision has the mirrors cut off. It's for sale BTW

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, had it at the dealer one day and told the service man, he removed it and did something to it and it now works fine, but I did not like not being able to see behind me, so I bought some ness mirrors for the handlebars
Again, the tab wasn't in the slot. Easy fix. I'm 99% convinced this was the OPs problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts