Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vision Rear Mudflap Completed

This is what I did for a mudflap. This setup is for the Vision with a Bushtec hitch only. I have enough materials left I can make a few more if anyone wants one. I didn't paint mine up and I wanted to tack weld the bolts to the back of the bracket to allow easy/quick removal. I may later.

The flap will bolt up to the existing hitch in the middle:

Some truck mudflap and some flat steel should do the trick.

Bend the steel to go between the side of the hitch, using the existing bolts and use additional flat steel to sandwich the mudflap material.

Get her in place....

And bolt her down.

Should protect my trailer and it's expensive paint well enough...I hope.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It looks good on this forum too Mike.
As far as decoration, have you thought about cutting one of the commercially available truck flaps, like the back off flap, to match your needs or maybe using a cheese wedge stick on emblem on it?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always post here first (I payed to support it)!

Yes I have but only for a few moments. I added a XC tank badge on my trailer. I'd love to put a V type of Victory badge on he flap but would be concerned about how to make it stay. If I could find some car type of stud mounted ones it would be a no brainer. Maybe I can get a stick on one but stick it to something that is screwed on or pressed through the flap. hmmmmm now I'm starting to get an idea.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks very functional and believe me the rear end of your Vision as well as the front of your trailer will stay much nicer. I don't have a trailer so my mount is further to the rear, same result.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Looks pretty functional, but make sure it hangs low enough when loaded down, as is i think it sits to high.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering about how low is best. I have enough material maybe I'll make another flat that would hang a couple of inches off the ground. Didn't give that much thought. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Handy, I have a friend with a Vision too, but with no hitch. How did you attach it you yours. He really wants one since he lives down a dirt road.

·
Registered
545 Posts
As far as the length of yours... it's fine, longer blocks more water and mud, but also disrupts wind and sends more around the sides of the flap... everything takes more work than we believe when we start...heh?

My flap is leather and is fastened with small L shaped brackets screwed thru the leather then fastened to the underside of the rear end using the existing screws that fasten the plastic to the frame.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You handy (pun intended) enough for a pic by chance of its mountings?

·
Registered
545 Posts
You handy (pun intended) enough for a pic by chance of its mountings?
Been riding my Indian... just got back. Here's your pics... as you can see, nothing special.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perfect. Thank you sir!! Enjoy that Indian. I have yet to see one in person

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks!!

We like the color too. So much so my wife's XCT has been painted to match. Not the graphics mind you.

There's a reason Polaris close this same orange to cover it Limited Edition Slingshot. :)

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Don't tell us the Slingshot is yours too. A pretty wife (who rides) and two beautiful bikes is enough for one man. That Slingshot would be overdoing it....maybe.:)

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, Not mine. I just grabbed the photo off the net.

I agree with you...maybe. My wife totally agrees with you. While the Slingshot would be a shot in the ass I enjoy my bike enough to not look elsewhere for similar entertainment.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This thing is holding up perfectly. A little scraping is starting to have the desired affect of shaping it.

Perfect place for the IBA license plate backer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What's with the bell ?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
7 Posts
What rear tire is that?

Hi Mike,

Great thread about the rear mudflap, but I notice your read tire has a flatter profile then the Dunlop E3 that is stock on the Vision. Can you please share the specifics about your choice, (i.e. size, brand, model, your experience with it, etc.)

Thanks,

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hi Mike,

Great thread about the rear mudflap, but I notice your read tire has a flatter profile then the Dunlop E3 that is stock on the Vision. Can you please share the specifics about your choice, (i.e. size, brand, model, your experience with it, etc.)

Thanks,

Tim

its a car tire

1 - 20 of 24 Posts