Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in getting a set of the Big Gonzo mufflers for my Vision. How big of a job is it to take off and replace the mufflers? Are new exhaust gaskets needed? Any videos of the job?

·
13,003 Posts
You have to remove the valance under the saddle bags 2 or 4 bolts and the 2 aluminum panels behind the rear cylinder.
If you can cut off the clamps that hold the heat shields in place. Get new hose clamps at hardware store.
Then you have to loosen the muffler clamps. Spray WD-40 between the muffler and header pipe. Lot of twisting and wiggling.
There is to much wiggling to do so I wouldn't put it on a floor jack. You will farther ahead if you tip the bike over onto the tip overs put some rugs down where the tip overs will be.
Put on new muffler put clamps on header spray the inlet with WD-40 and the end of header pipe and muffler should slide right on.
The heat shields are left and right. So if you mix them up they will not fit right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent tips. Keep them coming if there are more. This will be a new year project for me. Gotta do away with the sewing machine sound, a little more HP/torque won't hurt either.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
are you set on gonzos? have you heard them in person? i do vision rebaffles also if you are open to options.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
gotcha, look up miller mufflers on youtube, the name on the vids is 710 salon, there should be snow in the background. i can also try to email some to you if you are interested. price is $225 shipped in the US plus $100 core fee

·
13,003 Posts
miller mufflers have a great sound and the price is right

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts