Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
That's pretty cool.I'm going over to the local dealer today to ride a Vision,a CC,and maybe the Judge. I wonder if they mind if I put the Vision through the paces?lol

·
Registered
554 Posts
Don't think the Judge hits until april. If it is there however take some pics please. This was a pretty cool video and the rider seemed pretty impressed.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R
Seems kinda stupid.
Why not spend less and get something actually designed for a track?
WHOOOOOSH!

That was the sound of the point passing over your planet... at altitude...​

It's not a "Hey everyone, let's road-race on Visions!" video, for Christ's sake.

Here on my planet, the point is that although the bike is out of its element, it does a remarkable job at it. It wasn't about setting track records for lap times, it was a demonstration of how competent the luxury liner can actually be at straightening out curves. Surprisingly nimble with surprising lean angles for a bike so LONG and HEAVY.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
R

Seems kinda stupid.

Why not spend less and get something actually designed for a track?
Reminds me of something Abraham Lincoln once said about it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agree

WHOOOOOSH!

That was the sound of the point passing over your planet... at altitude...​

It's not a "Hey everyone, let's road-race on Visions!" video, for Christ's sake.

Here on my planet, the point is that although the bike is out of its element, it does a remarkable job at it. It wasn't about setting track records for lap times, it was a demonstration of how competent the luxury liner can actually be at straightening out curves. Surprisingly nimble with surprising lean angles for a bike so LONG and HEAVY.
thumb up I agree. It is nice to know that the Vision is capable of handling the curves well. Anything that is done on the track can be directly translated to the street.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Wow, tough crowd today.lol
Well, I rode all three bikes today. I like the Vision best I'd have to say. It handles well,rides smooth, and I like the adjustable windshield.The body of the motorcycle does concern me a little as far as trying to get airflow when it gets hot out. The radio is great too.I like the auto audio leveling it has.

The CC is nice too, but it doesn't seem to handle quite as nice as the Vision,real close, but not quite.IMHO. I do like the looks a little better than the Vision, but my wife wants to be comfortable on long trips, and the Vision has more room for a passenger.

I rode the Judge and I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Maybe that's due to getting older now? It is pretty nimble obviously, compared to the touring bikes. I don't remember wind bothering me much when I was younger, but I sure don't like riding without a shield anymore. Most of my older bikes didn't have a windshield. The handle bars are too far forward for me also, which could be rectified by pull back bars or risers. The pegs took a couple minutes to get used to again, my Kingpin has floorboards, and I have gotten a little spoiled from them. Overall though, it is an enjoyable bike to ride.Handles pretty well, although I did scrape the peg while turning left onto an on ramp.It has a little more pep too when you give it the gas. I think it is a sharp looking bike too.

On a sad note.After we got back from our first ride of the day, a guy test riding a Vision who wasn't with our group crashed into the Dealership.He was on a private test ride with one of the guys from the Dealer. He must have dumped the clutch while entering the parking lot and punch the gas at the same time.He hit a concrete column and broke it and wrecked the bike .It shook the building. He didn't look too good, he went to the Hospital.I hope he is okay.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Tarzan hope the rider is ok also. Sad to hear. Makes you wander about buying a demo bike. Gee I wonder if that demo bike a person is getting a great deal on might have been involved in a mishap? I know they fix them back up after a crash,but still the thought of that is not good.:crzy:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tarzan, i know the dealer you speak of, The one on Anita Blvd? I really wanted to stop in there when we were on Vacation but i was straped for time when i saw it. It was a freak thing as i just left Bullet Proof Diesel yacking there ear off about 6.0 and since i sold it after the AZ trip LOL.

We have family all over Phoenix Metro and i grew up in Tucson.

Thats really to bad about the guy wrecking the new Vison, i doubt he buys a bike now lol.

I wonder if hes even spent that much time riding, my experience at the bike dealers is they wont let you test ride unless you got your M on your license.

Maybe i should call that dealer and say i herd you got a new Vision in the body shop give me a heck of a deal and i will buy LOL.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Tarzan, i know the dealer you speak of, The one on Anita Blvd? I really wanted to stop in there when we were on Vacation but i was straped for time when i saw it. It was a freak thing as i just left Bullet Proof Diesel yacking there ear off about 6.0 and since i sold it after the AZ trip LOL.

We have family all over Phoenix Metro and i grew up in Tucson.

Thats really to bad about the guy wrecking the new Vison, i doubt he buys a bike now lol.

I wonder if hes even spent that much time riding, my experience at the bike dealers is they wont let you test ride unless you got your M on your license.

Maybe i should call that dealer and say i herd you got a new Vision in the body shop give me a heck of a deal and i will buy LOL.
Actually, this Dealer is on Country Club in Mesa. Victory of Mesa. And the Vision that was wrecked was a Demo Truck bike, so I'm not sure if they send it back to the Mothership or what.
As far as the rider goes, you do have to have an endorsement.Maybe you could just have a permit, I don't know. I just remember he was on the ground, laying there with a Victory half helmet on.He was wearing jeans,t-shirt,jacket, and new motorcycle boots. It was a loaner helmet from Victory.So who knows? Maybe he was new to riding. Maybe just an unfortunate accident by an experienced rider.
Demo rides are a little freaky to me anyway.You ride with all range of riders you don't even know. Some can't ride staggered formation, some can't keep a good line, some are just unstable.On the other hand, some are great riders. I know it's tough riding new bikes not knowing the feel of the clutch and the controls, as well as just the feel of an unfamiliar bike. There was a couple test riding a CC in front of me leaving the parking lot.We were all lining up to exit the lot and this couple fell over. He was stuggling to keep it from completeley going over and I had to put the bike I was riding on the stand and run over and help him get it upright. His wife asked, are you sure you want to take this one out? They didn't make that ride.But I think they did stay and try again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts