Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new 2011 vision. I am thinking about doing the stage 1 (level 2) performance upgrade. I have used the Power commander 3 & 5 on all of the other bikes and had them dynoed that I have owned. I am looking for a deeper sound and ATF ratio improvement. I also do not want to do anything to void the warnnity. Some advice from experienced victory riders would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
13,247 Posts
You don't say where you live so thats a no no.
What ever exhaust you buy and change the top air filter will help you. Maybe you will gain 8 horse. After that if you want a fuller buy Lloydz its the best and way better then any Vic down load.
As far as warranty goes nothing to wore about.
They was a bill past a good ten years ago that says a company like victory would have to prove in a court of law that cause you changer brand of oil or exhaust or fuller that was the cause of the damage.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you have a power commander tuning center near by, I would recommend the PCV. They will give you a dead on tune. However you will have to pay for the dyno time. Usually about $200. The PCV gives you the ability to tune each cylinder in each gear.

Ride safe,

Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have big honkers, twin suckers, and PCV. I will be getting it tuned later. I put it all on within a week and boy can i feel the difference. I ran it against a stock vision and left it wwwaaaayyyyy behind. It seems to be a good combo for no engine work.

Later cams will come.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
What PCV map are you currently using? I have the honkers on now, and I'm about to install the 2pce Ness Air Kit with the PCV. I'm going to eventually get a custom tune, but I need a good map in the meantime.

Thanks,

V

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am using map M19-006-004. I have emailed the company to see if this is the best map for the setup. But yes a tuned set up would be better as the map is a general run for all altitudes.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I am using map M19-006-004. I have emailed the company to see if this is the best map for the setup. But yes a tuned set up would be better as the map is a general run for all altitudes.
Why not just add the PC Auto Tune module (for about the cost of a single dyno tune session) and never have to worry about dyno tuning again?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was conflicted with that. First of all it's more than I paid for the PCV. $380. Yes the auto tune changes the fuel amount based on how your running. But as far as I know you still need a map to base that off of. So what's the best map?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Why not just add the PC Auto Tune module (for about the cost of a single dyno tune session) and never have to worry about dyno tuning again?
Because it will NEVER run as well as a dyno-tuned bike. It will get you 'close'.

Reading the other day about a Harley with a 120R engine and PC-V w/ AutoTune. Baseline (tuned by AutoTune) was 126 HP. After dyno tune it made 134 HP....

It's not like the tuning changes. You only tune the bike once unless you make major changes to the airbox or exhaust. You pay for AutoTune and use it ONCE and then what good is it? OR.... You pay for a dyno tune ONCE and get better results.

THIS IS MY OPINION. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts