Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, curious if anyone has experienced this or might have a clue.

While riding the bike will randomly go dead, all electrical is gone, bike dies and I try to roll to the side of the road. I'll wait about 30 seconds to a minute and all of a sudden all electrical comes back on and I start it and take off. This has happened about 6 different times and it doesn't matter if the bike has been running a while or only a few minutes. I've checked all battery cables and any electrical I can see with the body pieces off. Any ideas or experiences with this issue? Thank you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's the circuit breaker down by the battery, it's the next thing attached to the plus(wire) side of the battery...you can buy them and get a better one from a auto part store, and for a lot less money. Or it could be your wire connections to the battery are lose.

·
Registered
209 Posts
on a similar note. I've recently experienced occasional issues with my display not coming on. Bike will still start. Switch to accessory position and display comes back.
I found that in the run/start position if I fiddle with the key a bit the display comes back.
I haven't been back under the panel to check the ignition switch but it would seem like there's some excessive play in the electrical contacts.
Perhaps your problem might be in the same location.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
It's the circuit breaker down by the battery, it's the next thing attached to the plus(wire) side of the battery...you can buy them and get a better one from a auto part store, and for a lot less money. Or it could be your wire connections to the battery are lose.
Yes agree that could most certainly be it .... I have put this item on my ordering bucket list together with some other electronic spare parts for VIC ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
13,003 Posts
not knowing what year
could be a bad or loose wire connection on the clutch safety switch
yes could be braker by battery. you can only check this when bike dies. Then you should have 12v on one terminal push button and then there should be 12v on the other one. With screw driver you can touch both terminals and bike should start.
Yes bad connection on ignition switch. Could even be a bad relay

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
This is it...trust me...Speedblue just had the same exact problem and we bypassed the circuit breaker(CB) and the problem went away.

They start failing, then they get hot, opens the circuit, no more current, they cool and close the circuit. You restart the bike and the cycle starts all over again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts